Pics of the CSi taken today

• Here are the pics of the CSi I took today. Its a 1994 car in Orient blue metallic with light silver/dark gray interior, 39000 miles and flawless aside from some minor stone chips, completely standard except for the ACS boot spoiler.
    I must say I thought long and hard for months about buying one of these and its better than I expected, I dont think they make cars like this anymore, its the first reasonably practical car I have found that I like as much as the Porsche 928GTS I regrettably sold two years ago. The CSi more than makes up for it.
    Steve

• Thanks Peter
    The car behind the CSi is my DeTomaso Pantera, its a GT5S, had that car for 4 years now, its an absolute blast.
    Steve

Zitat von stevep840

Cerainly looks like a nice example,Enjoy :D

• Hi,

Just seen the pics and it looks like a fantastic car that you've found.

I think yours might be a late 1994 model as I see that it has the four spoke wheel, whereas mine has the 3-spoke version. I guess the airbag in the 3-spoke was deemed to be too small, as the 4-spoke has a much bigger cetral boss.

It also looks as if you have the transponder ring around the ignition key lock which was added in 1994/1995 and is not present on mine.

Do you have the 3rd brake light in th rear screen? I guess you probably have one in the spoiler anyway?

Your interior looks totally mint. A real rare find.

• Like "Arnie" and "Jaguar" I was firmly in the "No spoiler" camp. "Less is more" and so on.
    Then someone lent me one for free to try for size. They were a kind of spoiler "pusher" I suppose.
    Determined not to like it I was not that impressed with it on the car - until I took it off and now that didn't look right either. So I tried it on and off and on and...oh dear.
    So now I have a spoiler (mind you - I had to modify it so it didn't flex alarmingly whenever touched and for it to follow the exact curve of the boot - vital if it's to look right).
    Even now, in photos, to me the car looks worse with a spoiler and over-fussy, but in the "flesh" it looks better with a spoiler - which is what counts. Weird.
    It's one of those wonderful areas like "The best colour" where everyone's right, whatever their preference.

• I would also from pictures have preferred the car without the spoiler, but I would not remove it having seen it in the flesh. Its an ACS spoiler, no brake light fitted, and no third brake light in rear window. yes Arnie its a late 94 model with 4 spoke steering wheel with Msport leather. According to the build sheet there are a lot of options fitted, such as memory settings, sunroof, Bavaria stereo with uprated sound and cd changer, intensive headlight cleaning,rear sunblind,etc, I thought most of this stuff was standard on a CSi? There are some things like auto air reciculation, park ventilation, diversity function arial that I have never heard of?
    Steve

• Yes, I saw you had just about every option, including the heated seats (full complement of switches around the gear lever).... and telephone.

The auto-air recirc switches the ventilation to recirculate the air inside the cabin, if it detects too much poluttion outside (like when driving though the St. Gotthard tunnel for 17km).

The radio is fitted with two tuners and has two anntennas. It's constantly searching for better reception with one, while you listen to the other. If it finds better reception, it can switch frequency or antenna seemlessly. One antenna is in the rear screen and I think the other in one of the bumpers.

• Hey I know this car! I had a test drive in it when it was up for sale previously. I really should have bought it, its immaculate, really great condition, you got a beauty there. I know what you mean about the spoiler, I'm not keen on them either but that one looks great when you see it in the flesh.

Congrats.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!