Pics of my new beast

• As promised here are some pics,

Added bonus with the number plate that reads "A BM", but I am getting a private plate any how but it made me laugh.

I just have a few questions,

* When I put it in to reverse the passenger mirror sometimes dips down and other times it doesnt then when I put in back into drive it sticks in the dip position, and when I go to adjust it back to normal the mirror doesnt seem to move, does anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

* Only one of the two keys seems to be programmed, I have been to BMW and they have quoted me £80.01 for a new programmed key, is this a good price.

* Reading another post today about the closure of the windows with the key, mine seems to be the same only opens with the key and wont close, my E39 opens and closes with the remote key, I was just wondering if there is a way to get it to close with the remote, or will BMW re-program the key?

* Also what type engine oil would people advise me to use.

Apart from these minor issues everything seems to be A1, and I'm a very happy bunny :D:D:D

Your comments on the pics and questions would be great.

Thanks

Wayne

• Very nice dude 8) is it the one from ebay that you wanted :?:

Door mirror :!: Can't be much ,try fiddling with the switch wires/wd40 :?:

I have just got some Silkolene pro S 5w-40, it's a ester based fully synthetic oil comes well recomended& costs £70 for 2x5ltrs :shock: but itsgood to give your new babe the best :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Yeah its the one from ebay, where did you source that oil Steve:?: like you said only the best for my baby, next week I will order an armrest from BIRD, I have just got a strong strut so will be fitting that in the next few days.

Are there any other mods that are worth while fitting (without mega expense for a supercharger), I have a private plate on order but I still have a bit more ready cash to spend on her, any sugestions anyone :?:

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Nice very nice but alpina alloys or the bbs would suit the car better in my opinion. As for the mirror. When you switch the switch for the mirrorr adjustments to the drivers side the n/s mirror will allways tilt when you reverse. If you switch it over to the n/s to adjust the mirrors and leave it set on the n/s mirrorr then the n/s mirror will not tilt when you reverse. Try it Once u have adjusted the passenger side mirrorr switch it back to the driver side mirrorr.

• Very very nice.... A big congrats to you....

One thing though, are the hub caps on the right way round? One points one way and one to another... Sorry I seem to spot the stupidest of things...

Hope to see you at a few meets next year.....

• Thanks all for all of your comments, Schnitz, I think you are right about the wheels, I will sort that out, (which one is fitted correct the front or rear?)

About the mirror when the switch is switched on to the drivers side, it only dips down sometimes and when I go to adjust it, it doesnt work, I think its just a case of a bit WD40.

On the alloy front I like the alloys that I currently have, but maybe when she is mechanical and performance perfect then I may look into having a bigger set fitted.

I take it then about my key question that seems to be ok on price?

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne.

• Zitat von schnitz850

You need to swap nearside front and offside back...

:?
    From what I'm looking at the rear ones just need swapping over (throwing stars point forward).

( I never know my near side from my offside ).

Nice car :)

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Really nice car, and I hope you enjoy it.

when we'er on about details, I think this is the first 8 I've ever seen with mud flaps..??

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Re: Pics of my new beast

* When I put it in to reverse the passenger mirror sometimes dips down and other times it doesnt then when I put in back into drive it sticks in the dip position, and when I go to adjust it back to normal the mirror doesnt seem to move, does anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

>>>> It could be a sticky mirror mechanism (in which case it would stick when you adjust it manually) or it could be a fault reverse switch- check reversing lights

* Only one of the two keys seems to be programmed, I have been to BMW and they have quoted me £80.01 for a new programmed key, is this a good price.

>>>> A brand new key will be £80, but you can reprogram (resynchronise) the one that doesn't work. There is a special procedure to do it. It may be described in the manual, but if not, check the internet.

* Reading another post today about the closure of the windows with the key, mine seems to be the same only opens with the key and wont close, my E39 opens and closes with the remote key, I was just wondering if there is a way to get it to close with the remote, or will BMW re-program the key?

>>>> The remote closure facility was disabled in later cars (1996 onwards) to prevent injury (if some is in or near the car), particluarly since with the new radio-remotes (previous were infra-red) the operating range is a lot greater.... but you can still do it by inserting the key in the driver's door lock and holding it in the close position. Later, BMW re-introduced the remote closure with the E38 and E39, but these have pressure detector saftey strips at the top of the window frames. (Yes, I know that the e31 windows also re-open on obstruction).

* Also what type engine oil would people advise me to use.

>>>> I would use Mobil-1 0W/40 or Castrol Edge 5W/30, but Silkolene is just as good. (Not all 'synthetics' are actually synthetic.)

• It doesnt stick when moving manually, I dont have the mirrors on tilt when reversing so I dont know when the mirrors are working and arn't as I am the only person who drives it.

Hopefully changing this control unit will solve these minor problems, I am waiting for a email from the guy who is selling it to tell me if it is out of a Sport model as I need to make sure it works with the thigh support.

Wayne.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!