• Hi Wayne,

I did not mean to suggest your installation was any less than tidy, I am sure thats not the case - just meant that the fewer wires the better in my view considering the premium on space under the bonnet!

Hope it is all sorted to your satisfaction soon.

• UKZero.....

You are the MAN. I've been thinking about doing something to my sidelights for 6 months now but never really got anywhere further than that :D

Whilst I dont have Full HID, I do have replacement Xenon bulbs which are white in colour opposed to stock white/yellow. It's just that I keep seeing the new Aston DB9 sidelights and that what makes me want a setup like yours. Just didnt realise that it could be done so effectively.

Did you take any 'work in progress' photos ?

• Sorry for the delay - been too busy trying to do too many things at once.
    Anything between 100 to 200 Ohms will be fine. The small 0.25W ones will easily handle the current.
    Will do some pics eventually, but haven't time to take them out again just now. If you try and insert the LED bulbs described elsewhere you'll immediately see which individual LEDs need grinding off.

Still haven't had time to fit the HID units yet. Will do it when I've got time to make sure it looks absolutely OEM. I think I need to be less fussy - might get more done.

• LEDs installed

I've just installed my LED's

I wrenched the layer closest to the bayonet fitting off and did not bother to re-solder the connection yet. I dont think the stem LED's are working because of this.

You have to ram it into the socket in order for it to fit (because of the metal fins as discussed earlier).

Anyway Cheers for the tip because it looks BANG ON. Here are some photos.

• Looks fantastic :D

Glad you are all enjoying these kits, they really do make a difference, not only to how good the car looks at night but to the visibility, i havent used main beam since i got the HID kit!

TallTony, the white bulbs are better but you really cant imagine how much difference the HID's make. Ask some of your peers here on the forum for some opinions, they are still available to order too, dont know for how much longer though?

Guys, im sorry about the delay in getting back to you regarding the wrong bulbs etc, but i am waiting on a reply from the supplier on a UK address to return the bulbs etc to, i am aware some kits came from canada, some from hong kong etc and i dont want anyone having to send them back there!!

Sorry for the delay, i am simply the messenger!

All the best!

Alex

• I actually got my HID kit elsewhere but I'm sure they're all pretty much alike.

I was wondering what LED's in the brake clusters would do. It might go Deep red / purply / near Infra Red. Which to me would look good, especially as I have a blue car.

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

• Ziggy,

You have two spades off the old harness, one is brown and the other yellow in colour, I cant remember which plugs into which but they are different sizes so the biggest simply plugs into the biggest slot of the ballast wires, I cant check as my car is at home and I am at work on the laptop.

Hope this helps :wink:

Wayne

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• I am happy as it goes with the rear / brake lights, the only thing I am not very happy with is the brightness of the reversing lights, so I was thinking of trying the same sort of led we are using for the side lights in the reversing lights, hopefully this will sort them out :D:D

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Ziggy, i've seen these on a Celica and they look shi...oops nearly swore then, they look wank to be honest.Better off putting 382 reversing lights in for now, untill you sort LEDs. Also worth remembering, "you get what you pay for".
    Les

• Wayne, its what i've done to mine and its a vast improvement. Im looking at putting in the Light Tower 20 Super Wide Angle LEDs 382 Cool White bulbs from that site mentioned before. Worth a go.

Les

• Ziggy,

Yellow (car) to red (HID)
    brown (car) to black (HID)

I put the same size insulated spade connectors on the brown/black as the yellow/red but reversed the male/female connection to avoid possible silliness on my part.

Cheers Mark

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!