Can you drift an 8 Series?

• Zitat von Seb;39824

my technique was traction off, EDC to Sport, stick it in manual mode, second gear, then drive slowly with some lock on and boot it.

New to my car so please don't shoot me down just yet
    Only owned it for a week :winkwink:

How or can you turn the traction control? off on a 1993 850ci auto?

• Zitat von 900ss;62723

New to my car so please don't shoot me down just yet
    Only owned it for a week :winkwink:

How or can you turn the traction control? off on a 1993 850ci auto?

You can turn it on/off by pressing the ASC button.

--------------------------

There is a difference with fitting a strut bar. You can feel the difference immediately, despite whatever subjective opinions there are out there.

I am very pleased with my Strongstrut bar.

• Zitat von TallTony;62749

.... and then had a trip to the local tyre shop.... :rofl:

Probably.... but with a huge smile on his face :)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von arnie;62868

....followed by a trip to rebuild the transmission.

Not if you have a manual box... I have drifted mine on several occasions and have no concerns about the box.

Two things to make drifting far easier and more controlled: a manual box (which I have) and an LSD (which I don't have).

The beauty of the LSD is that both wheels spin together, so you can quite precisely control the slip angle with very subtle throttle adjustments. I am strongly considering buying one for my 8 but they don't come cheap. I already have one in my E36 track/drift slag.

Those of you lucky enough to have a CSi get both the manual box and LSD as standard, not to mention the 380 BHP engine which should make it very easy to break traction at the rear :cool:

• You are absolutely right. With a friend of mine we are offering Drift practice days for everyone (http://www.drift-training.ch)
    We have E36 325i and 328i. These cars rock to drift! You might not believe it, but I love the 325i even more than the 328i - it is way more fun!

The 850i was very interesting to drift. I have automatic and no LSD. But with the right technique you can do good drifts. But of course it's easier in an 3 series or even M3.

I already drifted my 850i, several 3series, an E36 M3 3L and a Z3M Coupe 3.2L. The easiest was the Z3M and the M3 and the most demanding the 325i. The most I learned in the 850i I think.

• Zitat von Koizumi;62729

You can turn it on/off by pressing the ASC button.

Many thanks
    Had a little dabble the other day coming out off a private roundabout
    Could get the back end out but not much of a drift
    Mind you it was my 1st attempt in me QE2 :mrgreen:

Its a big old bird lol :harhar:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!