Koneig for sale

• I'd buy it too!!...if i was a throw back from the eighties, wore naff jewlery & aftershave and had no taste what so ever. I'd be :oops: to own that, but then thats just one guys opinion :)

• The most prudent thing I can think to say about it is that it is in a class of its own. I find its look interesting, but am not certain I have the skill to explain it. Good luck for whomever bids on it and wins, I am sure it is for you. Afterall, we all have our own taste. :wink:

The Family
    1995 BMW 850CSI (E31)
    1991 BMW M5 (E34)
    2002 Jaguar XJR-100
    1992 Acura NSX
    1993 TT Gen 3 Mazda RX-7

• Nah, the more I look at it the more I don't like it. I do agree with GFmaster about the "originality police" with older cars - I had a fair share of that because I went fuel-injected with a 1968 Sunbeam Rapier - my argument being it's feck sight more reliable than Weber's and clockwork ignition but of course, it's not "original" (neither are seatbelts in some older cars).

Re Koenig, it makes the 8 look like a Calibra, naff as can be, should be posted on Barryboys. Just my opinion but I hate Koenig stuff, looks crap with that wannabe Testarossa side panel crap they put on almost all their kits. MIght have liked it when I was 16 but that's too many moons and beers ago

Cheers,

Jason

PS if you buy it does it come with a young looking blond girl?

• Are we looking at the same car?- to me it is only a bit wider than stock ,still following the original waisted design ,but with a couple of brake cooling duct intakes and a rear spoiler blended in - nothing radical like some of the kids "custom" jobs
    IF the car came from factory like that how many would not buy the car?-perhaps the rear spoiler is a bit large and ungainly ,but look at other rear spoilers even the bugatti!!!
    IMHO -There are but a handfull of cars that are so perfect that any alteration simply looks crap -they include the e-type jag,ac cobra,early corvette,and a few others with perfect curved lines - the 8 series IS an angular design with a square theme -lights and edges, and tapers ,it needs more curves as this pleases the eye -something to do with tits and arse I think :D
    The Germans dont seem to quite get the curve thing perhaps the gull wing merc is the exception that proves the rule
    JAG VERSUS MERC -style in one -lego in the other!!

• one thing is clear, this car is like Marmite... you either love it or hate it! :D

I think cars have a natural ratio of relative lengths -much like people ,and if the car is within the ratio ie bonnet to roof length -width to height ratio then they look good -and this one complies
    modern cars tend to be made for females ,who we all know cant drive -they can,t judge the distance to the front of the car - so the bonnets are made shorter and drop away quickly ,too allow a better view for parking and combined with a high seat position and roofline ,with windscreen at a high angle - functionally very good ,but look rubbish ie ford KA
    THE KONIG -at least isnt covered in bonnet scoops and vents ,roof spoilers,flip paint,and blue lights underneath :lol:

• Zitat von gofastermaster

one thing is clear, this car is like Marmite... you either love it or hate it! :D

I think cars have a natural ratio of relative lengths -much like people ,and if the car is within the ratio ie bonnet to roof length -width to height ratio then they look good -and this one complies
    modern cars tend to be made for females ,who we all know cant drive -they can,t judge the distance to the front of the car - so the bonnets are made shorter and drop away quickly ,too allow a better view for parking and combined with a high seat position and roofline ,with windscreen at a high angle - functionally very good ,but look rubbish ie ford KA
    THE KONIG -at least isnt covered in bonnet scoops and vents ,roof spoilers,flip paint,and blue lights underneath :lol:

I've kept out of this debate ,untill now :D

I've got to agree with you Gofastermaster, your comments make good sense I agree ,the only displeasing part of the Konig style has to be the rear spoiler,seems like too much German falling down water when designing that :shock:

Do you know if they tuned its engine also :?:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Interesting just how divided opinions are, personaly if it were mine I'd go for a silver-titanium respray, that'd tone it down just enough for me.
    I'm not a fan of spoilers, splitters, scoops and the like and I couldn't even bring myself to buy an Evo or an Impreza, as good as they are to drive (if you get a chance to go play in a late Evo do it, I challenge you not to be impressed). But I just couldn't drive around in something with that amount of plastic stuck on it as a day to day driver, perhaps it's my age, and yet I like the Koneig, it's hard to explain but when your standing next to it it doesn't look quite so `Magnum PI` as it does in the pictures.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!