E31 & California Sun

• Here's an assortment of pics of my ride. Some of these were taken last fall, some were taken last week.

I've enjoyed restoring this car back to pristine condition. All that is left are some cosmetic mods that I'd like to do, such as a CSi bodykit and springs (which are sitting in my garage).

I've owned quite a few cars over the years; and certainly quite a few BMWs--nothing brings me smiles like my 8. I know that you can understand what I'm referring to.

Cheers

• Very, very nice Koizumi - black really is the only colour for an 8 (I'm sure absolutely everyone here will agree with me...)

Your car looks excellent. Where did you get the trunk lip spoiler? I've seen these advertised on the 'bay but I'm not sure about the quality or the fitting - are you happy with yours?

Cheers,
    Jason

• Koizumi as Jason already said black is the best colour for the 8 :wink: She looks beautiful, I can't wait to fit my CSI lit in a couple of weeks and new sunroof etc. Then apply the new purchased wax as recommended by TT :D

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Car looks great.

Have one question, how much tint is that on youre side windows?
    I'm planning to tint mine but I dont want to go to dark and get unnecessary attention from the 'law inforcement agency'

Yours look just perfect for my liking.

I plan to go all black on my car, the siden and rear windows, the bumper lights like yours, and a light tint on the tail lights too.

And Tony, I wish I was home driving my 8, rather than being here

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Thanks for the compliments! BTW, the car was treated with the Zaino system. No swirls, easy maintenance and the deepest shine seemingly possible.

I got the spoiler on eBay, it is flexible and very well made. I got it prepainted and lucked out that it matched my car's paint perfectly. I recommend this mod, it's inexpensive and wholly removable if you choose to do so. The spoiler is an M3 or M5 type, and fits the 8 perfectly.

The tint is the good stuff, highest grade 3M 30% all around tint aside from the windshield. Anything darker is just plain silly. 30%-35% offers nice aesthetics, privacy and night visibility.

Onwards and upwards: I'm installing H&R fronts with specially cut OEM rears (thanks to Ed aka MWrench). And those CSi mirrors and body kit will complete the ride. I might also slap in some glasspack resonators to make it more German since I'm running straight pipes to Magnaflow cans. As is, the car growls like a beast.

• Great pics... does your camera automatically produce those deep blacks? I can't get that on my pics.

I would have to agree, black is the way to go when it comes to the 8 :)
    http://www.clube31.net/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=6405

And yes, California is wonderful as seen in my one post:
    http://www.clube31.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4855

Sorry to "change" topics but... what steering wheel model is that? I think that's the best steering wheel for the 8. I want to install that for mine.

Lastly, can you post pics of you amps, sub and radio? My next project is an audio system.

My 1995 BMW 840Ci
    Authentic M Parallels, Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S, ACS-style aluminum pedals and more to come...

• Ouch! :)

All my pictures were taken right after a cleaning. I guess I need to invest in the Zaino system :)

My 1995 BMW 840Ci
    Authentic M Parallels, Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S, ACS-style aluminum pedals and more to come...

• The deep black is due to the Zaino system. The paint, after a full Zaino job, is better than new. The polymer crosslinking structure of Zaino makes the shine a mile deep. The lens I used also helps with saturation and contrast (Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L).

The steering wheel is an M-Technic II with airbag. A perfect fit and highly recommended!

I'll post a pic of the CD43/DICE and JL amp/woofer combo when I get around to either reshooting them or finding old pics somewhere on one of these damn drives :lol:

• "The deep black is due to the Zaino system. The paint, after a full Zaino job, is better than new. The polymer crosslinking structure of Zaino makes the shine a mile deep. The lens I used also helps with saturation and contrast (Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L). "

And a bit of help from Photoshop :wink: , a great looking car tho. Just one thing letting it down is the panel that the licence plate attaches to, maybe a new one or some paint, would just finish it off nicely 8) .

• The images were actually hardly manipulated, if you could believe it. The paint really is that intense looking. The polymer-based Zaino makes the paint shine like there's no tomorrow. After many years of researching, nothing works better in my opinion. It makes sense as to why many show cars, dealerships & car clubs use this system. Try it & you will agree :lol:

I appreciate the nice comments. There's nothing like an 8--all of you agree with me on that one.

Cheers :)

PS. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people yell "Wutup, Kitt!" whilst driving with my windows down!

• No harm, no foul sandwich. I knew it was a joke. :)

I would have to agree w/ Hallworth regarding the license frame. For me, the white license plate of California is so bright that I had to buy a black frame with a smoke colored plastic cover to blend it in with the rest of the car.

Question... say you have applied the Zaino and have the car looking amazing. What can you use to dust off the car day to day? California is so dusty that driving the car just one day will not only accumulate bugs and such, but a layer of dust will blanket the entire car.

My 1995 BMW 840Ci

• I would think that the 'original ' Cal Duster could be the most useless bit of kit ever needed in the UK. If there was a portable car umbrella perhaps that might be more useful.

mind you it is sunny today..I bet its reached 10degrees C!

• Koizumi,

Very cool. I actually do have the California Car Duster! I wanted to see if there may have been something better. I agree, it does work like a charm and I too dust the car every morning.

However, after a while, no matter how much dust removing I do, I can tell that there is just too much of a dirty film on the car that dusting can't remove, and that's when it's time to give the car a wash.

My 1995 BMW 840Ci

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!