Wonderful news....for me....I'm finally in the 8 series mob!

• Hi guys,
    I can't wipe the smile off my face. I posted a couple of times recently to say that I was in the hunt for an 8 series and being in Ireland, decided it would make more sense to go to the UK to purchase........I'm just back from Kent with my new baby! Here's the link for pictures (from the original sale ad).

http://picasaweb.google.com/shabbyalonso/MyNew840ciSport1997

Flew over last night, picked it up early this morn and had a 7 hour journey from Maidstone Kent, to Holyhead to bring her home (some accidents and delays on the way on the motorways made it quite a long journey!). The weather wasn't great but I didn't really care as I was cruising in the car of my dreams! Have just sold my 406 coupe 2 litre so needless to say, it was quite a jump up to the 4.4l!!! It's absolutely immaculate - exterior and interior are perfect. 104k miles, fsh and exactly the spec i was after i.e alloys, 840ci badge displayed on the back, cream leather! I still can't believe it.

To top it all off.............I got it for £5800!!!!!! I was expecting a general price of approx £7500-8000 for '97 model of this sort. If you think it's a good deal, you might wonder why. Well, I took a risk....in that I "won" it on e-bay!!! Owner had emigrated to France and had to get rid as no room and new baby etc. Anyway, i managed to win the bid at that price; don't know how but it seems to have worked out!!! I had been speaking to the owner by e-mail to confirm the main details like fsh, pixels working, etc etc. What a price (and a substantial saving for me!). It was a dream to put it thro it's paces on the way back from the UK. (bit of a risk granted in that i hadn't seen the car in the flesh but i had a good feeling about it!!)

I'll be back shortly no doubt with updated pictures for anyone interested and also some questions but I'll read the manual first before asking!!!
    Anyway, sorry about the "novel" style post but the excitment has just gotten the better of me......................after longing for an 840 for as long as I can remember, I have finally realised a dream!
    Cheers guys, Alan

• Nice lookin' ride! Welcome to the fold!

There's nothing like owning a prima donna principessa: they're hot hot hot and ohhh sooo demanding :lol: I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cheers

• Congrats to you and welcome to the global 8er community, she's a beauty for sure. I see why you got the good deal though, the steering wheel is where the glove box should be....... :lol:

• Thanks a mill guys, much appreciated. I'm still grinning and I think
    that's set to continue for quite some time! I brought it to work today (which won't be happening too often!) as the guys were asking for a peek so they all looked quite jealous when they had a look!!!! I'm really looking forward to my "head-turning" drive home!!!
    Thanks again guys :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Keep that smile on your face

Alan,
    I came aboard about a year ago and your initial post almost brought tears to my eyes - I can still remember the buzz of driving away with my prize car. She'll cost you though, maybe more than you budgeted for, but stay the course and that original orgasmic feeling will come back time and time again. I bit the bullet and did all the obvious work within about 2 months. Then I met up with a load of the old sweats on this site (Hi guys) and found there was still some more to do. So now I know its a life project and I've realised that I'm comfortable with that, too. In 10 days the cover's coming off for her (possibly first) trip to France - Le Mans. She's rarin' to go, and so am I. I just can't wait for that dewy June morning when we pull away together, just one man and the ultimate driving machine in perfect harmony.....
    Good luck with your new honey.
    John

1997 E31 840Ci Sport
    2009 Mini Cooper
    2008 Toyota RAV-4 XT-R

Do every act of your life as if it were your last.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!