Some Pictures of My 840Ci Sport

• So this is what I acquired last week and has been the focus of my attention over the weekend.

1999 840ci Sport Individual - Royal Red with piped Champagne nappa interior.
    <center>

</center>
    I'm really please with it so far and I still have to attend to some driver seat issues but I'm pretty certain I can resolve them without too much drama. The front bumper has had a blowover at some point and the colour match isn't great so I'm going to have that redone at some point (also has some stress cracks in the paint around the roundel).

I was going to fit a set of HIDs yesterday but for the life of me I couldn't work out how to access the headlamp unit! :oops: I got as far as raising the haedlamps with the lights off but I couldn't work out what to do next...

• I like the the colour, never seen an 8 in Royal red before.Nice car too :D .Welcome to the 8 series friternity, they are a great bunch of people and hope you enjoy it.

Nathan.

• Well come to the Club, love the interior colour :D

As far at the lights are concerned you can take the painted cover off by removing 1 screw (with the bonnet op). You will then see a plastic cover which can be flipped up :D

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Re: Some Pictures of My 840Ci Sport

Zitat von wpo750

So this is what I acquired last week and has been the focus of my attention over the weekend. 1999 840ci Sport Individual - Royal Red with piped Champagne nappa interior.

Congrats! It's a special car. This car is third before the last RHD 840CiA produced in 1999. It was the "last" Royal Red (code 390) 8er built worldwide out of 23 produced.
    <center>
    8Coupe.com: Royal Red Metallic (code 390)
    </center>
    The prior owner of this car has an active registration in the E31 Registry at 8Coupe.com. Please be sure to register you and your car in the Registry and I'll send you a build sheet in return.

Just click on the logo below to get to the website.

Again congrats!

Jud

• Thanks for the comments guys! Life in the 8 is living up to expectation 8)

@ Jud - That's really good to hear! Third last RHD e31 ever to roll off the production line, I feel honored :lol:

I started my registration for 8coupe.com but I'll complete it in the morning as I don't have the VIN number to hand, look forward to seeing the build sheet, thanks! :wink:

• Zitat von wayneblackwell1000

Nice one mate, beautiful colour, have a search on fitting HID's there's plenty on info on here.

Cheers, I've done all the reading I can on fitting HIDs and I tried to fit a set yesterday but I couldn't even get the bulbs into the socket as they're longer and the back end of the HID bulb fouls the headlamp casing!? How did all you guys manage to get them in???

• Zitat von wayneblackwell1000

Yeah it was a PITA but they do go

How did you manage it without snapping the bulb in the process??? Perhaps your bulbs are shorter than mine? I really cannot see how they will line up with the socket unless I hack a section out of the rear of the headlamp unit. I've ordered a new set of HIDs today anyway as my kit has a faulty ballast (plus they're getting on a bit), hopefully the new kit will be a little more forgiving...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!