BMW Cancels New 8 Series Platform - Concept CS

• Zitat von Seb;55759

I have admit to being a bit of a fast Merc fan and would quite like a CL - Tony, if you think a CL500 for £16k is good value, you're not looking hard enough! How about a CL600 Bi-turbo (500bhp, 590lb ft) for £16k?! If I had the money I'd be all over that http://search.autotrader.co.uk…_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

Agree on the road presence front, 8 Series still looks so fantastic and unique.

ahhh, yes..... but I could only ever own a black one ;) and for some reason they are all more expensive :laugh:

Shame they really do look like an old E Class from the front, cos ever other angle is spot on, imo.....

• Zitat von wayneblackwell1000;55733

I personally think the only model to buy for an investment is of course the B12 Alpina - but then if I've got one of them sitting in the garage first sight of dry weather and I would be out enjoying it. :driving2:
    IMHO cars are to be driven and enjoyed and not sat in a dehumidified carpeted garage and dribbled over

I agree entirely with your point Wayne - cars are to be driven and enjoyed and given that it is the 8 series, it's nice that every head turns when you drive past. Not from a poser point of view but just because they are such an uncommon sight, it's make the pleasure of driving one, all the more. If they go up in value, well and good but can you put a value on the feeling of driving and owning one?! There is nothing like the 8 series!!! :harhar:

• Hi everyone,

I'm so glad there are 8 series passionates all around the globe:winkwink:.
    There are some other good cars for sure like the merco you talked about :poke:but in terms of design the 8 serie is far beyond. It's so funny because when i drive in Paris or in the suburb there are so many people staring at the car. It happened several times after i park that people and especially young guys ask me : "is this a new car?":top: Then with a large smile i say : "well it's an 18 year old car":devilchilli: and i can notice on their face a very surprised look.:rofl:
    The 8 serie is one of a kind and as the time goes by it still is the attraction...no matter what:dontknow: why? because it is exceptional. Recently i drove from Paris to the Netherlands (500kms) then we drove around for a meeting last october. I went to Sweden with Jan and drove back to Paris. So within a week i drove 3000kms. I sped in the Netherlands, Germany, denmark and sweden hitting on several occasions 250km/h :driver:(on my GPS 255km/h). My car is now 190 000 kms from may 1990 and i have no sign of a problem untill now. Tell me what car would be able to do that! This year i already been from Paris to the Netherlands in April, Sweden in May, drove almost everyday in the summertime, Meeting in Sologne (Loire valley castles) in september then meeting in the Netherlands in October and Sweden. The 8 serie is a hell of a machine. I do the service myself and do what is to be done a lot in prevention.:mrgreen-angel:
    There is no one like our 8.:aetsch:
    May the 8 be with you:fight1:
    Fabrice:cool::cool:

Que la 8 soit avec vous!:driver:
    May the 8 be with you and for always!:winkwink:

Fabrice

• My 850 6/1990 has 140.000km on it.
    did a 3000km trip over 4 days last year, Norway, southern Germany, Maastrich and St.Anthonis in Holland and then back to Norway.

Think I might get on a Euro trip next year... see if I can get to some of the meetings.

I have probably put as much money into it as I paid for it, so getting my money back.... not a chance.... and like Wayne... I'm not done yet.

I sometimes think of the day, 15-20 years from now when I take her out for a spinn.... Imagine the looks then... :)

My car is now in a very good technical condition, and the car looks fine, still have some mods planned and a respray.
    I have entered the stage of personalizing my 8.
    Don't expect any major issues or unexpected expenses in the next few years.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von wayneblackwell1000;55771

That's a serious car for the money

Sorry, I know it has amazing statistics and can be had for the price of a decent CSi many years its senior and well down on stats. But, it's just so pig-in-lipstick fugly! I'd rather have a frozen haddock up me bum.

• The only sad thing about the 8 is that the original 850i was not liked by the press at all as being too soft, wallowy and heavy. Now if they had only come out with something like the CSi originally the entire E31 line would be held in much higher esteem.

• Zitat von Job38;55840

Sorry, I know it has amazing statistics and can be had for the price of a decent CSi many years its senior and well down on stats. But, it's just so pig-in-lipstick fugly! I'd rather have a frozen haddock up me bum.

888:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:888
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    :rofl::rofl: 8888888888:rofl::rofl:
    888:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:888 's RULE

I think I just wee'd myself :help:....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!