• Richard Head's not a true 8er then?
    THAT CAN'T BE HIS OWN CAR.
    8's are a work of art. there differant like there owenrs.
    give an 8er a blank cheque and he'd buy a new part to improve the car, and with the change he'd buy a second 8.
    iv'e got my two.
    long live the 8.

• Just seen the movie - what a complete idiot - has he passed his driving test? Noggie is right though coz that 8 won't last long - Any way happy new year all:top:

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

• Zitat von koenig dave;58044

Richard Head's not a true 8er then?
    THAT CAN'T BE HIS OWN CAR.
    8's are a work of art. there differant like there owenrs.
    give an 8er a blank cheque and he'd buy a new part to improve the car, and with the change he'd buy a second 8.
    iv'e got my two.
    long live the 8.

Errm, I'm not sure if you missed my intended joke, the usual abbreviation or nickname for someone called richard would be Dick thus the driver's proper name in this video would be Dick Head.

• You Brits have several of these funny/weird things in your language.
    these "nicknames" are one of them.
    William is Bill, Robert is Rob or Bob and so on....

Then there is the whole time thing. half 5 is 5.30. in my country that is 4.30

This one really screwed me over when my American friend, who is starting to learn Norwegian, told me to come to his thanks giving dinner at half 6-6..... (he ment 5.30-6)
    I used the Brit way and heard 6.30-6.
    thought it was funny he had them switched as I'd expect him to say 6-half 6.
    Anyway... I showed up at 6.35.... 1 hour and 35 minutes late.... so I got leftovers :)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Interesting Noggie, I'm British and for me, half-five would always mean 5:30. When I moved to Germany I found out that half-five meant 16:30 i.e. half before not half past. I'm surprised your American friend used the German system, I always thought the USA used the same definition as the UK where half something always means half past.

• LOL there are those strange differences depending on which version of English you're using. In the parts of the US I've been to, they never say "half five" or "quarter to six", it would be "five thirty" or "five forty-five", i.e. always numeric hours and minutes.

Incidentally, saying "half five" is incorrect English, it should be "half past five" which is clearly unambiguous. But inevitably it gets abbreviated in common usage, and the "past" part is dropped. On the other hand, it's always "quarter past five" and never "quarter five". But that's probably because you can also have "quarter to five" (meaning 4.45) but in UK English you'd never have "half to five" (for 4.30), it'd always be "half past four" or "half four" in common usage.

That's English 101 class finished for today :laugh:

• Try to tell an American " Excuse me, I'll just pop out and blow a fag" (cigarette)

Or "I feel so gay today" (happy)

"kodac moment"

I have worked closely with Brits in the past so Half six is naturally 6.30 for me.
    Even though if you said half six in Norwegian it would mean 5.30.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• nicknames, my workmate,SAM, a carpenter, born with one eye,who can not read a tape measure and gets every other job wrong. his nickname is SAMY SAWDUST. thats all hee seems to make

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!