• Zitat von Danilo;64967

OK but...

... which of them are supposed to be for the E31? :dontknow:

there is one with the bolts in and one with the holes in for each side.
    NOTE that this is a NON REVESIBLE mod.
    you have to cut the studs off the top bearing and install the two rings on top of eachother.
    the ring with the studs in are your new fastners. the other ring is to create the offset needed to change the camber.

So you cannot go back to stock without changing the top bearings.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von anguswolfendale;64964

I am pleased with the change (even going down to 17"). The Schnitzer copies cannot be aligned on the BMW KDS - they don't have the little holes for the KDS tool to locate in.

Such holes are obsolete with any modern alignment machines. My advise would even be to stay away from dealers that still use such old machines. I have excellent experiences with some third party companies. Just recently have hat my alignment done with a 2year old top of the line laser measurement machine. Just 40Euros at ATU. Very pleased!

• Zitat von fuzzifikation;64993

Such holes are obsolete with any modern alignment machines. My advise would even be to stay away from dealers that still use such old machines. I have excellent experiences with some third party companies. Just recently have hat my alignment done with a 2year old top of the line laser measurement machine. Just 40Euros at ATU. Very pleased!

That is exactly what I thought:roll:

Why these Guys with 16 year old or what ever cars insist on everything being Original is well & truly beyond me.:devilchilli:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von stevep840;64994

Why these Guys with 16 year old or what ever cars insist on everything being Original is well & truly beyond me.:devilchilli:

I resemble that remark! Have you any idea how difficult it is to find new old stock 16yr old petrol these days?

Because a "classic" tarted up like a "chavvy" Japanese street cruiser just looks NAFF - but its a matter of opinion - fortunately criticism of other owners is rare on this site - so let's keep it that way.:top:

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• I have to say that I cant imagine anything I would want to change on the car for the road. But then I have only just bought it and am in newbie car haze at the moment! But I can see why if you were intending to track it you would want to change a few things.

The Camber plates sound like a great idea though if they save you money on tyres by evening up the wear.

I had a 300zx TT before this car as my toy and it was modified within an inch of its life and was an awesome track machine 410ftlb Tq and 1400kg.

Sadly I couldnt afford both! Oh for a bigger garage and a larger wallet!!! One day!!

• Near to where I live is a very tight hairpin bend as the road leaves the M5 & becomes the A30, it is signed as a 30 mph corner, in my 840 I could just about manage it at around 50 mph with out all the cars contents sliding from side to side, any faster & the car understeers to make the driver realise you're on the cars limits:eek:

With camber plates fitted the same corner can be approached with much more confidence, I've been round at just over 65mph & I guess theres plenty of room left to exploit should you wish:devilchilli:

• Zitat von stevep840;65084

Near to where I live is a very tight hairpin bend as the road leaves the M5 & becomes the A30, it is signed as a 30 mph corner, in my 840 I could just about manage it at around 50 mph with out all the cars contents sliding from side to side, any faster & the car understeers to make the driver realise you're on the cars limits:eek:

With camber plates fitted the same corner can be approached with much more confidence, I've been round at just over 65mph & I guess theres plenty of room left to exploit should you wish:devilchilli:

You tried that with traction control turned off yet Steve?

I'm still getting used to the cornering power of my car now. I have 295's on the back end and a Quaife ATB unit fitted, plus Phoenix camber plates - I find the cornering power is dramatically improved over standard - maybe you know the really tight slip road onto the M11 just after the Dartford tunnel heading north? it's signed up as 30 mph curve with good reason, it's pretty tight - my 8 gets round there a considerably over 30 mph now (alledgedly).

I haven't dared to turn off DSC yet :winkwink:

• Hi Steve
    I’m not sure... but I thought your supercharged 840 was leaving the V12 guys for dust… you might have said on a couple of threads!? :grin2:
    I did like yours. In fact I made enquiries with the same people you had mentioned, about converting mine but they emailed back that they couldn’t, so I never chased it up.

• Zitat von MK;65115

Hi Steve
    I’m not sure... but I thought your supercharged 840 was leaving the V12 guys for dust… you might have said on a couple of threads!? :grin2:
    I did like yours. In fact I made enquiries with the same people you had mentioned, about converting mine but they emailed back that they couldn’t, so I never chased it up.

For Sure it was probably the fastest 8 in the Uk;-) but Gerry may well disagree:laugh: It would easily do 0 -60mph in 5.3 & in the end boasted 412 bhp but in all of the modifying it had become very harsh & tiresome on a long journey hence the sale, I don't miss it, nor have I heard who the new owner is:hmmmm: but I hope they enjoy it:harhar:

• My experience with ESS hasn't been good.... in the sense that they don't respond once boosting an 8er is mentioned, and usually not at all. I can only imagine what support would be like. I'm exploring another route stateside.

• With regards to ESS.

The cost of developing a supercharger kit is not cheap, ESS also have a pretty good warranty on their kits, so they go to great lengths to build a durable kit.

I came across an e-mail correspondance from 2005 with ESS and a US E31 owner.
    ESS stated that IF they had 10 committed buyers they would develop a kit, but they concidered the marked to be too small to just make a kit.

I will pick up a kit in the US late this month, and I will post results here when it's installed, expect to get around 500hp.
    Sadly the guy whos dyno I have used before just had a serious boat accident at 100kts (185km/h) and is currently seriously injured in hospital.
    So my dyno run might have to wait for a while.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von fuzzifikation;64993

Sorry guys, I am going to put a fly in the ointment now. :roll:

The holes in the wheels are very important because it means the machine takes its measurements from the hubs of the wheels, not the wheel rims and so eliminates any wheel distortion or mounting errors. I doubt an alignment for 40 Euros will correctly set the ride height of the car before carrying out the necessary adjustments. A straight line was still a straight line 20 years ago so these funky laser alignment rigs are no more accurate, just faster to use. I would really like to see the print out of the pre and post adjustments from one of these to see how comprehensive they are. Could someone post a copy of one for me please?

8Tech.

I agree, unless the car is concours, collectable or rare, such as an Alpina where fitting Alpina specific special parts (wheels/trim etc) would be sacrilege.

We have a member on the board here where I am refurbishing his Alpina suspension springs and I have even matched the colour coding flashes on his coil springs to match the original, and refurbed the calipers back to original, yet he has still sensibly fitted alloy tensioners to the engine, although in black for sublety. This attention to detail agrees with my own views.

I will let him introduce himself and post the pics if he wishes to himself.

8Tech.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!