Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to

• I sold my car on Saturday :shock:

For the last 5 and half years I've had a great experience, enjoying all the trappings of 8 series ownership, met some decent people and had a laugh along the way.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all the people here at 8er.org who have helped, guided, advised, poked fun at, applauded, derided, solved problems for me, and all the other great things that come with being a member of this site.

On the one hand it has saved me a fortune in $tealer Costs, but on the other hand cost me a fortune in upgrading to things I never knew I wanted :laugh:

Either way, my (old) car was transformed into something which I think was a bit special, and I wish the new keeper all the best with it into the future.

I'll always feel like an e31 owner, despite me not having one anymore, and maybe oneday I'll get another one, who knows. I'll certainly keep popping back here to see what is happening.

Thanks for everything guys,

Tony

• Kinda felt it might happen, but as you hint at, "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone" - was that Joni Mitchell?

Your contributions to the forums have been special and I, for one, will miss them.

Looking forward to your return :grin2:

• TT I hand over the Chair to you of the 'After eights ' Club,as I didn't make a very good job of being without my 8 & as Shiggsy says " You will be back" Maybe??
    :winkwink:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Cheers for all the kind words :drink1:

It's a strange feeling letting go, a bit like dumping a good looking girlfriend..... But the truth is since the 20th Anniversary meet last year, something I am proud to have been a bit part of, I'd only driven around 250miles in the car, and prior to that only 2000mils in previous 2 years.

My head hasn't been turned, and I don't have any plans to replace the car with anything else for now. It just seemed a bit daft to keep a car and not drive it. We used to go out at weekends as a family in it when we only had the one nipper, but since my second son came along in Jan 2008 it became impossible..... couldnt even fit a baby car seat behind me with the seats needing to ALL the way back as far as they go. Effectively a 3 seater with me in it !!

I will keep visiting here to keep upto date with everything, and if I can lend a hand from my experience of ownership then I'll post that too.

The e31 is still the best looking BMW ever made, and those who can keep hold of them are very lucky people.

I'm getting all sentimental here so I'll sign off ..... !!:vroam:

• Don't go all PC on us Tony - way too late given how far you've LED us astray!
    Now is no time to get flappy; paddle missing up the creek and all that.
    Neither is this the time to change the course you're steering. Wheel 's change all the time you know - need to move on - oh God, how much worse can my puns get :hmmmm:

• Didn't see this thread explaining all. Sorry to see you've parted with the old girl but hope to see you back in the future. Good luck Tony and a million thanks for all your help and advice. Keep in touch. Steve

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!