Opinions on these wheels please

• Nice looking alloys, just be sure to ask them if they really have a 72.6mm bore, as they usually have 74.1mm and require hubcentric rings. Usually not a problem as the 20mm offset on the front alloys need a 10mm hubcentric space anyway.

The tyres usually supplied are awful, it is well worth upgrading to the better tyre.

• Nice looking wheels but as Timm said find out what the 'performance tyres' are before clicking the button. Might be worth the extra 140 for the Avons or just getting the wheels from them and going elsewhere for tyres.

• Zitat von jake1119;81895

Tires are not really that much of a concern as I would buy them separately, I have an affinity towards Falken FK452's or Toyo Proxie TR1's.

Couldn't agree more!

• I've got this thing about wheels! Personally I think that any wheel retrofitted, should have been available when the car was in production. To put a 2010 wheel on a 1989-1999 car, I just think looks rank..Sorry.

• Just reread your post....Why dont you refurb the stars with a polished rim and get the centres painted black. Seem to recall there was a thread on here where the guy had this done.

• Hi Jake, I'm afraid I'd have to agree somewhat with sandwich on this one. I wouldn't be too keen on those wheels on e-bay myself - I would be in agreement on getting the throwing star alloys re-furbed...they look the best in my opinion but I'm biased as they are what I have.
    Otherwise, I think the only other options for the 8 are the Alpinas or the m-parallels.
    However, as with all things, if you like 'em, go for broke! :top:

• agree with the comments above, plus they are jap wheels so belong on a jap car, personally all BM's should have some for of either original alloys or a BBS upgraded alloy.

but hey its your car so fit what you like.

• Personally, I don't like the shooting stars at all. Even when I refurbished mine they still looked, well, a bit skinny on the E31. Much prefer the after-market M-Pars......

• Thanks for all the opinions, thats what makes these communities great. The Sakura's are out. I do love the M Parallels, it's just finding them :). I really don't like the throwing stars, I think it is the covers that put me off really, so, I have taken them off. Now I know that these wheels without the covers are marmite, but, personally I prefer them naked if you will :).

If that hasn't really peed off the purists, then, this will, lol, I think, as my car is a nice dark blue I need contrasting wheels, hence, I am leaving them naked and, having them powdercoated......................white!!! :laugh:

• Zitat von jake1119;81938

Thanks for all the opinions, thats what makes these communities great. The Sakura's are out. I do love the M Parallels, it's just finding them :). I really don't like the throwing stars, I think it is the covers that put me off really, so, I have taken them off. Now I know that these wheels without the covers are marmite, but, personally I prefer them naked if you will :).

If that hasn't really peed off the purists, then, this will, lol, I think, as my car is a nice dark blue I need contrasting wheels, hence, I am leaving them naked and, having them powdercoated......................white!!! :laugh:

Oh my gosh!

• Zitat von jake1119;81938

:laugh:White:grin2:I've just checked the Calender & nope it's not April 1st:ahhhhh:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• has anyone tried M3 CSL wheels on theirs yet? 18" would be a better dia for the 8's suspension and handling etc but i reckon the CSL's might look quite good on ours!???

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!