Insurance Due

• 42 years young and this years 8 series insurance renewal comes in at £460 odd fully comp :naughty:

Good - Bad ? :hmmmm:

What are you paying for this years pleasure ?

• i was quoted about the same. i changed to classicline. the price is based on milage. £310 for 1500 miles. £350 for 300 miles. because its classic car insurance ncd doesnt affect the price. if you have ncd you can hold it on this policy or transfer it to another vehicle.

• Also 55.
    Still with Hagerty (joined them in 2005 when I bought the car) with £10k agreed value, etc, etc.
    £250 from memory, but only allowed 3k miles (usually more than enough, as I only use for pleasure :grin2:).

• 37 years old, Air traffic control guy. Hargerty Classic policy so no NCB. Announced upgrade for the 18" Hartge Classic alloy wheels + S/Steel exhaust. Agreed value of £7k with allowance of 3k miles a year for about £450 for a 1994 850Ci Auto kept overnight on the driveway in W.London. Pretty good I thought!

• Slightly o/t..Has anyone tried any of the multicar policies being touted at present? We've got the 840, Alfa147 and Mazda Bongo V6 petrol camper thingy and for all three it came to £595.00 which I thought was pretty healthy.
    I have heard they can be a bit of a mare when it comes to perhaps leaving them due to NCB confusion.
    Anyone else been down that route?
    Cheers

• Zitat von sandwich;95145

Slightly o/t..Has anyone tried any of the multicar policies being touted at present? Cheers

That's what i've just ended up with.
    4 cars fully comp on 1 policy @ £1750 :eek:
    Expensive but its the only way I could get my 20yr old daughter to drive her own car for anything under 1.2k

• Zitat von BBMatic;95213

I'm moving to Shrewsbury

I wouldn't!
    Only me and wifey, both 53 with limited mileage on the camper and 840 OF 5kpa.
    Thats probably why but guess lower band than London

• Zitat von ukzero;94906

Also 55.
    Still with Hagerty (joined them in 2005 when I bought the car) with £10k agreed value, etc, etc.
    £250 from memory, but only allowed 3k miles (usually more than enough, as I only use for pleasure :grin2:).

hello UK - a quick question ref your Hagerty insurance - did you get that direct or via a broker? I've looked at the website but couldn't find a "get a quote" option for what they call "Future Classic".
    Cheers

• Zitat von Argonaut;100489

hello UK - a quick question ref your Hagerty insurance - did you get that direct or via a broker? I've looked at the website but couldn't find a "get a quote" option for what they call "Future Classic".
    Cheers

Have also just renewed this week with Hagerty at £212.50, agreed value, restricted mileage etc, etc.

Just call them on 0844 824 1130. They are very helpful and friendly as they are all enthusiasts as well. You won't be able to get an on-line quote.

Cheers
    Graham

• Zitat von Nifty50;100492

Have also just renewed this week with Hagerty at £212.50, agreed value, restricted mileage etc, etc.

Just call them on 0844 824 1130. They are very helpful and friendly as they are all enthusiasts as well. You won't be able to get an on-line quote.

Cheers
    Graham

Thanks Graham, I'll give them a call. One problem I have with online quote systems is that most of them will not recognise my car as it's a private imported M73 - that was never sold in the Uk and consequently it's not on the normal car dataase. I get accused of lying when I state that it's an 850 built in 1997 as according to the databse it can't be newer than 1996. Hopefully Hagerty's will be a little more savvy.

• Zitat von Nifty50;100492

Cheers
    Graham

Well Graham, I wrote to Hagerty this afternoon, explained exactly what I wanted and received a rather stupid response - actually this pi$$ed me off considerably. The response was "we are unable to insure your vehicle because of the mileage you requested". I requested or actually I suggested a limit of 7,500. Would you mind telling me what sort of limit you have in your policy placed via Hagerty? I could live with less than 7500 but to be honest, if they can't try a bit harder than they have so far in replying I'll just go somewhere else.
    I replied that I found their response somewhat less than helpful and asked them to suggest a mileage that would be acceptable to them. We'll see if they bother to respond. Sorry to report, not impressed so far.

• Zitat von Argonaut;100564

Well Graham, I wrote to Hagerty this afternoon, The response was "we are unable to insure your vehicle because of the mileage you requested". I requested or actually I suggested a limit of 7,500. Would you mind telling me what sort of limit you have in your policy placed via Hagerty?

I am sorry to hear that your enquiry was not better received as they are very nice people to deal with on the telephone. My policy is restricted to 3,000 miles per year which I think is their maximum limit. The policy is tailored strictly for classics and therefore such low mileage is not usually an issue; I only did 900 miles last year, perhaps this is not one for you.

I do know that mileage is a major factor with all insurance companies and 7,500 pa is actually quite high. A rise from 8K to say 12K pa would push a £300/year policy up to nearly £400. I also just found out that 3 points and an endorsement adds a 25% loading.

Chaucer Direct were my previous insurers at £247.00 but this was also restricted to 3K pa and no guaranteed value, just current market value.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Graham

• Thanks for the info Graham, I'll get in touch with them tomorrow and try my luck again.
    Cheers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!