Duxford BMW meeting

• Could the next person to add their name to the list delete my annoying 'or just b usually suffices' appendage? I forgot it would get repeated.
    So:

Lloyd - Black on Black 850
    Mick -mcat911
    Steve- Sandwich
    Burn - BBmatic
    Graham - Nifty50 in his Red 850

• Using my detective skills:

Lloyd - Black on Black 850
    Mick -mcat911 840
    Steve- Sandwich 840
    Burn - BBmatic 840

That was easy......

• Lloyd - Black on Black 850
    Mick -mcat911 840
    Steve- Sandwich 840
    Burn - BBmatic 840
    Steve - shiggsy - 850 CSI

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Zitat von sandwich;97253

Shiggsy...Did you have to put csi after 850? I feel really small now!:harhar:

:dontknow: Them's the rules, out of my hands I'm afraid.

93 850 CSI

• Gutted. I've got a birthday party for one of my selfish family to go to now so I can't come. I tried to point out that my car was more important but it didn't go down well :(

• Zitat von NickF;97258

Gutted. I've got a birthday party for one of my selfish family to go to now so I can't come. I tried to point out that my car was more important but it didn't go down well :(

As its their birthday why don't you take them out somewhere nice for the day like, ooh I dunno....Duxford Air Museum.

93 850 CSI

• Oh the shame :oops:

This is where I have to make a confession.
    My car is a lowly 840 Ci and not a Sport. There - out of the closet at last :ahhhhh:

The "more money than sense" first owner wanted a "suite of options" that meant he had to buy a Ci and spend a fortune on individual and "Individual" options to get what he wanted.

Hopefully I'll still be allowed in.....?

• :laugh:
    Oh what have I done..so the conversations on the day will be :
    "...but mines a sport"
    "yeah but can it do this?"
    "no, but it is a sport"

all I did was put my car model down :oops:

:mrgreen:

93 850 CSI

• No Shiggsy - this is a very serious point :grin2:

A few years ago I was approached in a B&Q car park by a chap who suggested he might make me an offer on my car.
    At that stage I was toying with the idea of selling, so I humoured him.

During the discussion he actually said something along the lines of "It's the top Sport model, yeh?" (Exact words lost in the mists of time).
    Without thinking I'd got as far as saying "No, but it's..." at which point he immediately became less interested telling me he really wanted the Sport and our brief encounter quickly came to and end.

To this day I've been carrying the scars of that rejection and had thought Duxford could be part of my rehabilitation ;)

• Your is by all means a "Sport" or rather a "Sport+" for all those inquiring ;)
    Based on German pricing (don´t have UK pricing for anything but the last year) CC66440 is #28 in the list of "most expensive RHD V8 8ers" with a total of 2443 cars to account for. This does not take into account possible additional cost for the Individual interior (applies to others too).

The denomination "UK Sport" with the single items summed up in S940 Special Order vanished from the build sheets in mid March 1997 after only 66 cars delivered (last one CC66407).
    From there onwards the whole content of the sports package was itemized and "UK Sport" was now fully included in package P337 consisting of S704 M-suspension, S715 CSi spoiler kit, S775 anthracite headliner & S782 throwing star rims - plus S481 sports seats.

There were possible deviations like the cost option S223 EDC which in turn removed P337/S704 or a no cost swap of S299 bolted cross spoke vs. S782

During that period where all those goodies were available as NCO only 6! Non-Sport 840´s were sold in the UK. 4 of the buyers of those indeed paid even more for less by ordering the 16" turbine wheels ;)

This ought to secure you a 1st row spot everywhere, right? :harhar:

:winkwink:
    Reinhard

• Zitat von ukzero;97280

My car is a lowly 840 Ci and not a Sport.

There is no such thing as a lowly 8!

During the 90's I fell instantly in love with the 850 (For me, it always had to be a V12) but never felt I would be able to afford one. It was all about looks and I didn't even know about such things as 'CSI', I thought there was only one 850. In 1998 I paid nearly half the original list price for a 'bog standard' 850. The mileage was very low (2K) so I convinced myself it was worth it.

How do you think I felt later when I realised I could have bought a very good CSI for probably a lot less. Love was definitely blind then.

Cheers
    Graham

• Love it! Confessions galore. See what you've done Shiggsy? I'm just waiting for Burn to chuck his hat in to the ring, and tell us he's found out his car is actually a 1983 FSO Polonez! But yellow.

• Love rules the heasrt with the 8 I looked at lots wanting a V12 and when I found mine with history etc. etc. I didnt even blink at the mileage although I wish it was a lot lower...
    Now off to start the list of jobs ready for Duxford!

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Zitat von Timm;97310

Due to the extra drag - the Sport is slower in a straight line! Don't really know why I'm saying this really.....

And with my non-wind tunnel developed DIY rear spoiler that will mean double drag. Add that to the extra weight of other mods and it's a wonder my car can reach 70mph never mind 155 or more :grin2:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!