.....and she's gone.

• Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've been on the site and even longer since I've posted. Various reasons needless to say.

Anyway, I toyed with the idea of selling my 840 last year but in the end, just couldn't bring myself to part with it. I got that same idea this year and as of today, am without my baby! I've had the car, just shy of 4 years after bringing it over from the UK to the sunny climes of Ireland!

A guy from Northern Ireland came down and bought it off me today. He had a trailer to bring it back with him and after speaking to him, and while holding back the tears, I felt comforted by the fact that it's going to be housed with a number of other special sports cars. He plans to bring it back to it's absolute best and seems to be a very capable guy. I'd love to have kept it but no garage. Time to move on I guess but nothing will ever compare.

Many thanks to everyone on the site for their help and advice over the years - it's been a real joy and I plan to stick around to get my 8'er fix. I sold it, in the end for EUR4300 (£3500) in the end which I think is a bit of a give away but successfully selling a big engined, petrol car here in Ireland at the moment, is an achievement in itself.

Thanks again folks and I wish you all further good times in your respective 8's. :top:

• Thats a shame but as you say if you don't have the space or a garage, then probably for the best.
    I plan on emigrating to France next year so will most likely be following suit
    All the best and pop back in now and again to see how much we're spending!

• Zitat von NickF;97042

Keenan: Sad to see you go. Did you replace it with something else?

Sandwich - where in France are you going? Oh, and don't worry, they have loads of great cars in France.

You may well jest re the Renault 4! My first two cars were those little beauties. If I could find a decent one for less than £4k I would be first in the queue! Bit strange that they are worth more than a good 95 840!
    We've got a ferry booked on 3rd April this year for a three week trip to Languedoc and surrounding area. Taking the 840 so should be fun

• Zitat von sandwich;97049

We've got a ferry booked on 3rd April this year

As long as you avoid the flippin' Eurostar..
    Wife finally pitched up at 1.30am with horror stories of the lights going completely out several times while the train sat trackside, then a total melee at St Pancras on arrival where everybody had to queue up to ensure they received a refund. Needless to say, the queue was somewhat disorderly given it was 1am

• They've been going on about it on TalkCrap all day. It's a lot cheaper going via the tunnel with a car but it's a shorter journey on the other side. Plus, and a big plus, wifey will be trapped in the cabin with me for 7 hours so here's hoping:grin2:

• Thanks guys - I'm still rather upset at the loss but times a healer an' all!!
    As for whats next - there are so many I'd love!, but gotta be somewhat sensible. I do like them VW Passat CC's - might be an option! It has to have four doors however - boooooo!!!

• I don't think he mentioned that he might be starting a mobile hairdressing round:harhar:

• Zitat von sandwich;97098

I don't think he mentioned that he might be starting a mobile hairdressing round:harhar:

230 mile round trip to Swindon today returned me 53.4mpg and not a hair out of place. Honestly, it is unbelievable fun to drive.

• :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

These icons should answer the question of "is it this car?" - yes.....yes indeed it is. Quick turnaround indeed and I do wish I had not seen this but I shall not dwell otherwise these icons will very much apply to my real life!!!!
    It is a smasher - good pics, and he's set to make a profit, that's for sure.
    Say no more.................

• This reaction doesn't surprise me at all.:dontknow:

All the time people are hell bent on giving their cars away because of some mysterious guiding factor as to value, we will see it.

It seems that whenever anybody dares to ask marginally more than banger money for their pride and joy there is no end to the rebuking on here and I can never understand it.

If you want a nice car, you should have to pay for it, like anything else.

Cheers
    Graham

• UK 8er lovers can count themselves happy with dozens of cars at extremely low budget prices at hand. You´re almost spoilt for choice :D
    Supply is by far outweighing demand. Just the opposite over here. :roll:

Attached you can see the current offerings for the German 8-series enthusiasts (M62) only.
    Only 2 cars out of 5 of German origin and they even import wrecks for us now :laugh:

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Zitat von reinhard;97279

Supply is by far outweighing demand. Just the opposite over here. :roll:

Is that because most of them are in current ownership or are there just fewer LHD left. I thought the RHD ones were the rare ones?

I sometimes wonder whether the desirability in the UK is because of the low prices rather than the pure love of the car?

Cheers
    Graham

• This is a graph I made a couple of yrs ago showing the production figures from 1994 onwards.

As you can see the UK Sport (yellow) was a "massive success" for BMW even more so than the M-Individual for Japan (purple).

US (light blue) sales stopped in 1997 and Germany (dark red) continued to underachieve year by year.

In the end the 1995-1999 sales figures for M62 V8´s (A) are like so:

Germany: 209
    Japan: 303
    USA: 786
    UK: 1406

As you can see the UK received 7 times as many compared to here and this is why they´re dirt cheap where you live and fairly dear and sought after in Germany.

Cheers
    Reinhard

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!