Where is everybody?

• Hello All.
    I thought I would add a post as it seems a little dead on here, so I’m hoping to bring a bit of life back.
    Now as we all know the 8 series is a very rare car, so rare in fact that up to 3years ago I didn’t even know it excited (Shock horror I know!!!). But yet there must be a fare few of them in England dotted around, but as of yet I have only ever seen another 5 of them on my travels. 2 black 1 silver, 1 blue and a purple one. So where are you all hiding them!!!
    I know I could have a look on the members list and read where you are all located, but that’s to much like hard work, and it would be so much easier if you all just told me here, don’t you agree?
    I'll start the ball rolling. Both me and my 850 live in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. Any body else from this area. I know there is anther silver 840 in Bury but are you registered on here?!
    Hope you'll all help to bring some life back to the form, even if it’s only for a few days!!!
    Heinrich

"In The Sprit Of True Raging, You Cannot Rage Harder Than Gumball :twisted: "

• Hi Heinrich...

Im a Brit from Pompey living in Hong Kong and am just about to have mine sorted - we have the came colour car ....used to own a silver 1991 850i ...gorgeous...but a V12 with 7mpg in Hilly Hong Kong ...well like a lion in a cage and its madness but had fun doing her up.
    I decided to buy a 1979 Porsche SC ....but realised that I missed the 8 soooooo much and at the 11th hour bought an 840 Ci A a 4 ltr 1994...which needs a bit of TLC say 2000 quids worth.

send me some scans of yours
    What upgrades have you had done ?
    Cheers

• Hi,
    I live in Port Talbot, South Wales. I bought my dream car about two years ago, it is a 1997 840ci A individual :D . I can only recall seeing two e31's in my area.

Rgds
    Paul.

• Hiya,
    good idea for a roll call. I'm in Doddington, Kent. If you do a search on 'Gaydon' here, that's the BMW event when the most of us get together, been over 30 of us there for the last 2 years.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Re: Where is everybody?

Sorry i'm not British
    i'm located in Oslo Norway. Here the 8-series are rare. On the road i
    have only seen one 850 csi (green) two 850 i (dark red). Right know there are seven 850 i , 1990-1991 models for sale.(£ 24.000 to 30.000). Even in this Vikingland the roumers abbout early 850's could be economic suicide is known. I have never seen an 840 on the road yet. And since Mars 2004 when i wanted to buy a car, there have been no 840's for sale here.
    I had to go to Stuttgart in Germany to buy one. In pure taxes it will cost aprox £ 15.000 to import the car. The tax i based on size on engine, weight and year." If "and 8-Series had been a "2005" model the tax would be £ 54.000. . Luckily the tax reduces 15% each year the older the car is. Thats why i choosed a 1993 840 with low kilometer. How is the tax to Uk and Usa ? I think its fun to figure out how many cars who are just like mine. Here is my calulation: There are 800 Bmw 840 produced in 1993 (LHD and automatic trans), I estimate 100 in sterling silber. And 50% with gray leather. That meens maybe only 50 cars just like mine. The odds to met another 8-Series one the road like mine is 0,16 %. Not strange that people come over to me for a chat almost every time i take her for a ride. Right know i feel sorry for her standing in -3 degrees in the garage waiting for the spring. Once a week i just have to visit her to do some cleaning even though there are no spots not shining.
    Of course i would like to have a 1996 850csi but the insurance company told me that it will cost me £ 2300 every month with
    full insurance policy. For my 840 i pay only £ 550 each month. The difference make no sense !

Sten Axelsen
    sten-axe@frisurf.no

• Well it’s glad to see there is some life still on here and it’s nice to here back from you all.
    As some of you have asked and others mentioned some interesting points I will bore you all with the facts of me and my car
    I bought a 1993 burgundy 850ci 6speed manual on the 4th December 2004 and the ripe old age of....wait for it.....19. Would anyone like to guess how much the insurance was for 1 year doing 5000 miles?
    Since having bought it, the following upgrades have been purchase and a few have currently been added and I am waiting for the rest to be fitted.
    A brief list of the work follows:
    Ecu remap, exhausts, 19" wheels, new breaks, zeemax front spoiler, and window spoiler, racing dynamics boot spoiler and ac schnitzer rear valance.
    I am also trying to get some new wing mirrors made/found as I don’t like the stand ones or the csi style ones. The car will then go in for a total re-spray in carbon black complete with ac schnitzer stickers and logos
    Pictures will follow as and when she’s actually finished, which will hopefully be in time for the next show that is held in England.
    I also intend to take a trip around Europe at some point in 2006 so might be able to meet up with some more people at another time
    Keep the post coming
    Heinrich

• Yo all.

I take the prize for the most south westerly owned 8, only 28 miles from lands end Cornwall. I've had mine just over 3 yrs now and i dont care to recall how much i've spent on her, the only problems have been recent, needing freeing up of the wiper linkage (rusted would you believe) and a new wiper motor because of the siezed linkage.

My weakness is seeing other folks cars/wheel combination's, then i go look at mine, ( it happened again this weekend) !!!!, i 'm currently admiring Hartge 3pce, Alpina's, & bmw e60 (new 5) 10 spokes, all being 19"ers ,naturally should know which way to go mid next week.

Any one want some mint 19" 3pce Breyton magic's ?

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat

My weakness is seeing other folks cars/wheel combination's, then i go look at mine

I know what you mean, I only changed mine because I saw them on Schnitz850's (immaculate) car.

But I am suprised your changing yours, they do look good.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• I know iknow i know, but i can't help it, maybe common sense will prevail !!!, but i reckon it's too late for schnitz grovelling, he's a vicious beast when cornered !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey our post counts are flying out the window today.

• I knew I would rile someone with the wing mirror remark. I don’t know why I don’t like the csi mirrors, but personally they do nothing for me, and the general style seems to be coming common place on all types of cars, right from bmw 3series down to citrons. And personally I do not want mirrors on my8series that are on a Citron. I am looking at getting some ones in the shape/style of the new merc mirrors possible including the indicator light in with it, then having the side indicator on the car either removed or replaced with a fin/grill look like on the z8 or something.
    Anyone got any ideas on that?
    Hopefully she should be finished and back on the road early next year, if I can afford it!!

• Fair enough Henrich, but true officianardo's can spot a replica a mile off !!

Equally you'll end up putting fake Mb stuff on your 8 !!!!!!!!!

But i admire your determination to do something different .

Be sure to show the results

• Hi Ben I'm pleased to see you didn't sell the car , persevere my friend you'll get there me o'd Derby mucker (west hallam nr ilkeston) before moving down to pasty land !!!!!!!!!

• Why are you going Carbon Black, anyone else switched colour?

Heinrich / Guys
    Wondering why Black?
    I always thought Silver and Black were the coolest colours.
    I was also having second thoughts on the existing Calypso Red but people tell me its harder to resell it later.
    What are views on this?
    How many of you have changed colour
    From What to what ?
    Cheers
    Richard 8)

• I am in the UK

I'm based near Reading i have seen a few 8's i think i saw PJB one night on the M4 a few months ago when i was comming back from bristol.

There are a few around hear a couple of estoril blue one and a yellow one. I probbaly only ever see another 8 once every couple of months

• Hi Steve,

Yeah I couldn't think of another car I wanted as much as the 8 for that sort of money! Putting it up for sale was a rash decision, but I've seen the error of my ways....

I just don't like running it in all the salt! I will certainly keep it until spring - gives me chance to get that exhaust work done Ive been talking about for so long!

Hope things are going well down in ye'old pasty land!!

Stenson,

Thanks mate, yours looks in fantastic condition also!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!