• I prefer the curved.

Although bear in mind, this is a contentious topic about badging an 8 that was not produced by BMW Motorsport. Even though your 840CiA Sport had some ///M touches, it wasn't an ///M car.

Here's a sample of banter about putting a ///M badge on a non-Motorsport car - Link:
    May 2005 - 1997 850Ci owner asks about placing an ///M Badge on Car

• Personally I wouldn't. It's your choice, but I think adding badges that shouldn't be there simply devalues the car. By all means debadge it completely, most people will have no idea what it is.

Mine has the M-tech pedals and illuminated 6-speed gearknob with M-logo, standard accessory parts, but I certainly won't be adding any exterior M-logo'd parts.

Cheers
    Paul.

• sorry, some bad typing

what I wanted to say is do not put an "M" badge on the car... :evil:

I see 3 series cars every day with "M" badges on them and I want to beat them, lying to others is one thing, but don't lie to yourself....

• I would'nt !. Like Paul mentioned de-badging is an option.In Germany there's a lot of BM's,Mercs and the like that are de-badged and it looks really cool. Mine?..well i've never had a V12 before so i had to add that and renewed the 850I badge otherwise i would have got rid of the lot.
    Also,what if you went to a BMW meet?..you'd know what everyone was thinking :)
    There you go...my 2 pence worth!!
    Les

• Me. Well , im an individual, never one to follow a trend, more someone who cares to be different, happy with that and does not bother what others think !!!!, so if i fancy a badge i have a badge, although i wouldn't put a M Logo on a 840 !!!. 8)

I'm probably the only guy with a 840 csi badge on the rear, thats right they didn't officially call it a csi but after 1996 they certainly looked like i csi , and thats my point , whats the harm in being different, so if it rings your bell , DO IT !! :D:D:D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I've just been on a 3 series forum debating the very same issue.

It would seem it is OK to have a M badge on a non motorsport car but not a M3 badge, they say that there is a differance !!!!!!!!!!!!

So as i thought previously, go with the flow and stay 8)8)8)

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I have an M badge on the back of my 840ci, that's how i got the car, i am thinking of removing it. I have bought the 840Ci badge to replace it.

the car does have M-Tech suspension and Mtech steering wheel but i don't think that make it an M-Car.

whats the best way to remove a badge? and does any one know where BMW place ther badges i.e. how far down and accross on the boot lid?

• Dental floss and a hair dryer to soften the glue if it is cold.

I don't remember seeing an exact location in any of the literature. Perhaps someone can measure theirs? If not I will measure mine tonight.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Evening all!
    I know mines not an 840 but i cant see there being much difference.
    22mm from bottom of boot to underside of badge and 50mm from top of the last letter to edge of boot.I measured the origional before replacing.
    Hope this helps,im sure someone will say otherwise :)
    Les

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!