E31 Exhaust system

• Zitat von TerryY

So you want to set off alarms? :D

I think I'd like to be aiming for something like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEeBPadQiQ

Zitat

I assure you that will be quite loud enough with gutted rear boxes, no resonator and cats removed. Definately a police tugg at anything over 3000 rpm!

With the cats out, yeah, definitely, but in the video with just with the sports exhaust and no centre silencer it sounded a bit quiet for me. I did the whole decat thing back when I had a Supra, but I'd just need to see if whoever makes my exahust can include an easy cat re-fitting system for come MoT time with the 8.

• I just got rid off the cats and replaced it with straight stainless steel pipes and now the car sounds awsome. The company who did the custom woek fo me is called Torque exhausts in ENFIELD

I will hopefully be replacing the whloe original system with sports cats and a complete stainless steel exhaust system from torque exhausts.

Will let you know how i get on

• Zitat von bimmerman840ci

I just got rid off the cats and replaced it with straight stainless steel pipes and now the car sounds awsome. The company who did the custom woek fo me is called Torque exhausts in ENFIELD

I will hopefully be replacing the whloe original system with sports cats and a complete stainless steel exhaust system from torque exhausts.

Will let you know how i get on

any chance of pasting audio/video clip? how much did they charge you, i am not too far from Enflied.

• e31 exhaust

hi all
    had mine decated and stainlessed about 6 months ago.
    cost £530 complete.
    sounds like a merlin engine with attitude when driven hard.
    very deep rumble.
    worth doing as they are too quiet.
    will try to record something and put a link on
    cheers
    steve

E31-840CI 1995 (AUTO) AND IM STILL A MEMBER!

• yes please, eager to hear how they sound like.

I'm more interested in the BHP gains than the sound, but still would like to know how it sounds so I don't set the alarms off on my street.

• Zitat von Belair

I wanted better sound in my 97 850 and removed my middle silencer. The change was very little. Its a little deeper/ throatier but not much that anyone besides me would notice. I wonder why some other guys that did this found a big difference and got a much bigger sound?

Did you remove the resonator or the converter? The converter will be less noise where the resonator would be louder! How does the 10' Woofer in the trunk sound inside the car? Does the sound of it get inside pretty good? Thanks! Sorry to be OT but I'm about to install a system in my car.

• I removed the whole resonator / middle silencer. The sound is a little better now but not much.
    The sub woofer made a big difference, as it does to any system.
    It was enclosed in the trunk at first and was ok, since bass is non directional and you could still feel it. But having other cars where the sub is inside the car sounds better and tighter so I removed the ski bag and leather cover between the back seats. I can snap the leather back on in a second to make it look right and it does sound better with the hole there now. I saw another guy fabricate a custom speaker cover into the cover between the back seats to let sound in.
    Good luck with your system.

• Thanks for the complement Michael. Yes I have replaced the Cams with Schrick Cams as a part of the 6.0L build.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!