Bad news from Downing Street?

• Well guys, ive got mine for the next year at normal cost so im ok for 12 months!

It wont stop people owning these big expensive cars as they can afford to pay it.

• In the UK the present annual Tax-disc rate for an 8-series is £175. For these older vehicles, pre-2001, there are just two bands, split at 1500cc.

Hopefully, the rates will only rise for cars in the various bands introduced since March 2001 (based on actual CO2 emission), so the top band of £210 (which actually covers most cars 2000cc and above) is likely to rise and/or higher bands may be introduced.

The bad news, for 8-series drivers would be if additional bands, based on engine capacity, were to be introduced for pre-2001 vehicles.... 4.4 or 5.0 litres, would probably be pretty much near the top. Let's hope that this doesn't happen!

• Zitat von peter1980

Here in Holland I already pay 910 euro's per year on road tax. Either the system over here differs form yours or you got some climing in price to go.

Yikes! That's really expensive! (it still wouldn't stop me driving the 8 though) :lol:

• Zitat von arnie

In the UK the present annual Tax-disc rate for an 8-series is £175. For these older vehicles, pre-2001, there are just two bands, split at 1500cc.

I did not know this. I too have just renewed my Tax and was (pleasantly) surprised that it was only £175.... especially after all the talk of increases for bigger engines. I originally thought it was a mistake in my favour...

If, and it is a BIG if, they see sense and do not introduce the new higher prices to older cars then it would be probably the first sensible thing to come out of Downing St for a long time.

Don't buy a new car with a big engine, buy an old one :lol:

• I just payed my road tax here in Norway, it was, about 400 euros. (times two since I have two cars)
    but then we have the toll roads on top of that. I pay 1 euro every day just to go to work, and another one if I'm to go shopping later that day, and another one if I'm visiting a friend.....
    Right now the gas price is 1£ pr litre give or take a penny or two. what is that, about 1.5 euro?

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• How the F@%! does he justify a 200% increase???

Its a bloody joke this country. We have the rest of the world jumping on the band wagon screwing the system and hard working people like you me and us pay the penalty

I am waiting for a large compensation payout due to an injury I sustained .
    Soon as I get IT its good bye to UK.

What ever happened to the voice of the people??

I tell you what it is

Its an evil clever way to pay for the 2012 olympics and what for 4 weeks of an event at the tax payers cost. :x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Its just a joke...........

• The increase was bound to happen even if there wasn't a thing called climate change.

I am for the Olympics, I think its not all about 4 weeks, but the legacy it leaves to get our future kids fit and trained into sports, then in years to come we can be proud to see how many Olympic medals we have won due to the amount of quality athletes we have got.

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• At the end of the day, we cant build a big bonfire and burn the society leeches and so therefore the only way to sustain them is to give them our money!

• I already pay 1380 Euro per year road taxon the CSi, and the same again on my Pantera. its the top rate and applies to any car over 3000cc. Here in Ireland they have not even jumped on the environmental bandwagon yet, but they are just about to and talking of penalising any large vehicle . I shiver at the thought of what my CSi will cost to tax in a couple of years.
    Steve

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!