• Like you say Wayne, not to everyone's taste, but I can't fault the attention to detail :)
    Two observations:
    I considered putting in large speaker apertures in the parcel shelf (sorry, hat rack as the manual calls it!), but decided against it as it would have meant cutting through quite a bit of steel reinforcing section which I'm guessing is there for a reason.
    How does the owner control the heating/air con?

• Ah - now I've looked at more of the pictures all is revealed.
    See what you mean about the elbow-controlled heating!

Personally I wouldn't be without the centre arm rest - makes for a much more comfy drive with the bonus that it hinges up to allow invisible storage in the cubby hole beneath.

• I usually get the comment BMW - "Bundle of Money Wasted"
    This semes to me to fit that description perfectly.

Some sereous work, AND money has been put into this limited production car.
    Not everything was to my liking i.e the Ipod holder was a bit big and dominant in the interior, also I like my interior black, so I liked the original better.
    The carbon details looked nice, but the blue steering wheel.... not to my liking, did the later models come with the multi function steeringwheel or is this also a mod?
    The rear stereo looked great, and with some usable space left.

When you've so much time and money into a car, why not make the engine look as good as the rest?
    A well, he had a nice one painted on the hood, so the real one dont have to look great.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Re: Multifunction steering wheel.
    This is a puzzler - my two page options printout clearly states "multi function steering wheel" as a fitted option on my car - yet clearly it isn't there.
    When I asked my local dealer about this all I could get were blank faces.
    I have never seen one on an Eight - all the dealer could eventually come up with was that the original ordering dealer may have requested it thinking it was available, but at the factory it wasn't..... sounds a bit iffy to me.

• Certainly shows that car-trimming craftsmanship is still out there, even though I find the end result much too fussy. No-doubt labour costs are cheaper in Latvia and I'm not sure that this car will not find its way back to Germany for re-sale (?)

Shame that after all that, they didn't bother cleaning the engine...

(As far as I know, a multi-function steering was not available. I don't think that the 8 has the required I-bus for the audio equipment. That steering looks as if it's been adapted from a later-version 3-series, and in any case, it's operating a Pioneer system.)

• So many pictures ! Cant believe the attention to detail, even if some of it is lacking in taste. I would love to know how much a simple re-upholstery would cost. The finish looks better than stock.

Carbon details are very smart - have they made new bits, or simply covered existing mouldings ?

Thought the engine on bonnet ruined all the hard work inside. I guess the owner loves it.... but it does look weird. Again, artwork is top notch, but it really really isnt 'cool' 8)

• I love it!!, power, grace, style, and when you get up close jaw dropping finish, these guys know how to do it. ive seen some modded 8`s and this is be far the best one ive seen, and i dont think you should mod an 8 but wow, if i was in latvia.......... come on guys you got to admit its really is fun to look at.

• Nope, not my cup of tea. Can appreciate the work thats gone into it but its to tacky...especially on an Alpina!. Looks like something that would av been in "Custom Car or Street Machine", remember them?.

• Zitat von ukzero

Re: Multifunction steering wheel.
    This is a puzzler - my two page options printout clearly states "multi function steering wheel" as a fitted option on my car - yet clearly it isn't there.
    When I asked my local dealer about this all I could get were blank faces.
    I have never seen one on an Eight - all the dealer could eventually come up with was that the original ordering dealer may have requested it thinking it was available, but at the factory it wasn't..... sounds a bit iffy to me.

Look on my car:

my 10/1996 CSi

another CSi

my 09/1991 850i

All buttons works (cruise Control Stick AND MFL Buttons), thats clear. I develop this Cruise Control Interface to connect the MFL to the EML

many greetings
    Martin

• Nice pictures!

Are we saying those wheels are fitted from new or were they added later - needing an interface to work? Either way it is annoying to find my car is missing one of its options. Will need to correct that.

I'm sure this was featured in other threads, but which wheels will fit the E31?

• I think by looking at the pics they were added later, why have cruise controls on both the steering column and wheel :?

Not sure which wheels fit the 8 but the one fitted on the 91 850i looks exactly the same as I had fitted on my E39.

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Zitat von wayneblackwell1000

I think by looking at the pics they were added later, why have cruise controls on both the steering column and wheel :?
    Not sure which wheels fit the 8 but the one fitted on the 91 850i looks exactly the same as I had fitted on my E39.

Thats true, they were added later. :wink:
    That first picture shows the wheel from the E46, the second to, the third the wheel from the E39.
    The original CSi wheel from the E31 looks like the wheel from the E46. But to fit the wheel in the E31, you have to modify the mechanic of the slip ring.
    When you want you can remove the cruise control stick, no problem. 8)
    I use both for testing the software in the interface. :lol:

bye
    Martin

• For info the steering wheel option, my car's build sheet reads:
    0710 M Multi-Function Steering Wheel,
    but it also reads:
    0540 Multi-Function Steer Wheel + Cruise Ctrl.

Mind you, the strangest code is for the upholstery: Z1XX :?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!