Honest comments please

• Just wondering what people think of my re-designed number plates, (see pics below)
    I will probably get pulled on them but hay ho.

Another quick question, I have booked for my wheels to be refurbished in a few weeks and I was thinking about getting the calipers done at the same time, what colour would anyone recommend :?: I am thinking the same colour to match the body

Cheers

Wayne

• Wayne..Wayne....Wayne...No.....No....NO. Sorry mate but on both counts its a no from me. I reckon you can only get away with painting the calipers any colour thats gonna stand out is to go bigger, black or silver on yours me thinks. I must stress this is only my opinion, it has been wrong at times...but not this time!!! :) . Anyway, why dont you buy a plate with a decent number on it? cut the excess yellow of it and it makes the rear look mega wide. At the end of the day its what makes you happy, sod what me and the others think!.
    Les

• I would not go with the same color as the car for one main reason, you are probably not going to be able to find HIGH temp paint that is close enough to the color of your car, and if it is not really close it is going to look cheap..

I painted mine silver, and am very happy with the "clean" look that it gives.

Just my opinion for what it is worth..

As far as the license plate goes, can't help you, don't know which one is old, and which one is new ( US ) if I had to choose I like the white one better...

Happy Motoring !!!!

DMP :twisted:

• Sadly Wayne I do agree with the general comments as above. Always like to see calipers in original colour as opposed to the Corsa shades!
    Also with regard to the plates...bit tenuous...A £299.00 inc transfer fee investment will get you a great XXX plate...as on the dvla website

• No1 has actually mentioned the legallity of it...i have seen many people pulled over (friends from other forums) for having the "space" in the wrong place...pedantic maybe but just something to bear in mind.

lol @ sandwich... :lol:

Frix

(Another) 1997 Velvet Blue 840Ci Sport...with a Greek attitude to driving!!

• Zitat von hallworth1

Me thinks they might already be off! :lol:
    Black plates look good wayne, hence i got 'em on the front of mine.

:lol:

C'mon Wayne, stick your had in your pocket and go to the DVLA.... I got one for £250, and whilst it isn't exactly original, or a purist pacifier (M8 TKH), it looks smart enough to fool your average onlooker.

Hallworth, I had Black Plates on my 1974 'M' reg VW Beetle. Can you believe I got pulled by PC Pedant because you are not allowed black plates on post 1973 ('L' reg) cars !!!!! That said, he warned me that if he ever saw me again with them on he'd fine me..... as I wasnt in my local town that day I took my chances and ignored him :lol:

• Nice one Tony. I've passed quite a few plod cars, stationary, coming the other way and slowly coming up behind on duel carriage ways, so far nothing has been said about either plate (both a bit naughty) but im sure there will be a day when there's no muggings or burgularys going on and they'll pounce.
    Les

• Swindon, Wiltshire.
    They are always really busy and they are taking bookings 2-3 months in advance :shock: I am having them done on the 23rd July, I will post some pics when they have done the work.

Why don't you have a look on yell.com, you should be able to find a local company who do wheels.

Cheers.

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Zitat von hallworth1

Nice one Tony. I've passed quite a few plod cars, stationary, coming the other way and slowly coming up behind on duel carriage ways, so far nothing has been said about either plate (both a bit naughty) but im sure there will be a day when there's no muggings or burgularys going on and they'll pounce.
    Les

Try living in the relative crime free County of Cornwall, so Motorist's are top priority :shock: I'd give you 2 days at the most with slightly dodgy number plates :roll:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!