Carbon Fiber Parts

• Hi!

Just wondering if there wre any more ideas sparking around. I got a few more interests in the Alpina hood. Can I get 8-10 people to commit to a group buy?

Regards,

John P.

• As I said, I'd be interested (Alpina Hood), but for my part, I'd first want to see the design drawings from the prospective manufacturer and have some guarantees on quality, fit and finish. Otherwise, it could be money down the drain.

• Like I said earlier I'm in for an Alpina style hood, now I live in Europe so I hope shipping can be arranged.

Ad as Arnie and Faisal said I'd like to see the design drawing first, Don't want to end up like Steve either, with a hood with flaws in it.

1200$ with todays exchange rate, I'd be laughing all the way to the bank, the $ has not been this low in over 15 years with regards to the Norwegian Kroner, and it's still going down.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• WOW, nice, how much did you pay for it ///M-Turbo?

I'm now looking for mods for my car, and I listed the sunroof as one of the parts I'd like to have in Carbon fiber.
    The hood and the trunk was the other two things I wanted.

Since I have decided to fit the CSI front, mirros and defuser, these might be in carbonfiber too, or else I'll just order the original ones from BMW.

Would be nice with doors and front wings too, but these would have to be painted and I'm not sure you will be able to get the same colour on Carbon fiber as on steel.
    And I'm not going to drive around in at car with different tones of black.
    And a black car with all the parts I mentioned in carbonfiber would just look stupid.

Though hood, trunk, sunroof and mirrors in carbon fiber would look ok.

But bumpers, csi trim, nose cone, hood, wings, sunroof, trunk and doors would be a nice shed of weight, and maybe even bring it closer to a 50/50 weight distribution.

BMW 850 CSL........ and then a 600hp Turbo kit :D
    Then that Enzo i drove behind on the German autobahn in June would really have got a run for it's money...... may even have left it in the dust :twisted:

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I've got time, plan to have this car for years to come.
    I was thinking of a re-spray next winter (2008-09) and if I'm going to paint some light weight parts it would be nice to have them by then.

This winter it's suspension all the way. new shocks/springs and every single bushing and ball joint is being replaced.
    And a new free flow exhaust, race cats and stainless steel pipes, and no middle silencer. Noisy you say.... well it's not my every day car so I don't care.

And when the brakes are worn out, I'll replace them with something better.

My dream is a turbo/supercharger kit to smoke the cocky brats in their suped up japanese Fast'n Fourious wannabe cars, and the od Porsche and Ferrari.

And I know there is a pisst-off German with a 2007 Aston Martin after he had my 17 year old 354HP Hartge 850Ia on his rear bumper from 140kp/h all the way up to 250kp/h, and then I allmost rear ended him doing 260kp/h (he had a 250kp/h limiter.... I don't, and a top speed of 280kp/h)

Fortunately I work in the Oil industry, so I have the means to realize my plans and dreams.

Oh...Just realized one more potential part, the sideskirts.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von ///M Turbo

Hi Noggie! It's not mines, A talented guy name Zeke made it and he is working on other goodies for the 8 that will be finished soon! I wil try and get some prices, I'm also interested in the Hood Sunroof and Trunk.

The folks below can take your existing interior parts and duplicate them in several types of materials.

http://www.elegantwooddesign.com/index2.html

///M Turbo,

Is Zeke the one with the Blue 850 from Anaheim Hills? Is that a CF skin for the sunroof or a replacement panel. It looks as if there's quite a bit of interest with the hood, but if Zeke may be making one, it wouldn't make sense for me to do the same.

On another note, I would still like to see if we can have a So. Cal 8 meet once in a while. There was only a few os uf there, but it prbably was too short of notice to get more people to commit.

Regards,

John P.

• I'm with Lloyd on the sunroof panel. I'd have one, but only because I need a new panel anyway, and it probably would look pretty cool on a black 8. weight is not an issue, I can eat 10lbs in one sitting :lol:

///M, your mate could well be onto a winner here. Tell him if he wants to do the the full roof (with or without sunroof) then he would surely get some orders in too.... at least one from me.... :D

• Zitat von ///M Turbo

That would be awesome, I'm sure he said four pounds less than the original, But not a 100%?

Marv,

I misread your post...I thought it said that Zeke was making a hood!
    Is Zeke on these forums? I think he's on roadfly. I met him on a few occassions a few years back, very nice & humble guy!

Anyway, I'm still gauging interest in parts. I think a hood is the winner. I'll try to get some photoshops of the Alpina/Vorsteiner variant.

Also, I'm very interested in a CF skin for the roof.

I'm still interested in montly meets....PM me about this.

Regards,

John P.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!