Tyre options for Alpina's

• Cheers for the comments guys.
    A number plate is on the list but its way down the list at the mo :roll:
    They are 18" not 19" and for what I've driven her today I've found no issues.
    Steve, yeah is was a bit dark, how come its always my photo's always provoke criticism :lol:
    I'm getting a 4 wheel laser alignment tomorrow so all should be good.

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• how come its always my photo's always provoke criticism
    Because Wayne, now that Steve gets his better half to take his pics we cant take the p!$$ out of his any more :D
    But yours are filling the gap just nicely! :wink:

• Right guys I need a bit of advice, I've just been out for a drive and on taking right hand corners with speed it sounds like the tyre is rubbing on the arch this seems to only happen on right hand corners and not left what could this be :?
    I followed the tyre sizes so there should be no issues there, could it be the shocks maybe :?:

Cheers.

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• I wouldnt have a clue but the rolling diameter i would guess will be the same as your previous set up with the 17's...Yours are identical to mine and no iddues ever here. Have also been 4 up on a few occasions and still clearance. Albeit very small rear seat occupants!

• Daylight would be nice too Wayne! I dont want you lifting the pics of my car on a sunny Shrewsbury day either and then inserting your number plate.
    I'll know if its yours though as it will resemble the 'leaning' ship just off Blackpool!

• Lovely wheels wayne! I was going to get the same ones, but ended up getting the m-par replicas in the end. I still have a soft spot for those Alpinas though!

sorry to jack the thread, but I'm also looking at getting new tires. I've got the front ones for a bargain from ebay. 2 x 245.35.19 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's for £200, brand new!

I'm now looking at rear tires and I'm trying to get a bargain, but I doubt I'll get an ebay auction with the GSD3's in the size I want (285.30.19).

Would it be terribly terrible to replace the rears with a different brand?

• WARNING!!!

Hi Sama,

Just a tip on tyre mixing....based solely on my experience....

I am using rubbish wheels (for winter - nasty salt etc :wink: ) and have:-
    Goodyear (265/40ZR-17) GSD2s on Rear with Pirelli P-Zero Rosso (235/45ZR-17) on Front.
    Result NOT GOOD!!
    The steering wanders a lot (like tram-lining) and is a complete PITA. I am absolutely certain this is down to the differing tread pattern.
    Pirelli is an IN-LINE pattern as you know (sorry tis not v. technical)
    Goodyear being the V-Pattern.

I draw that conclusion because for my Summer (deluxe - posh :D ) Wheels, I run Goodyear all round GSD3s on FRONT & GSD2s on REAR.
    Result---car runs dead straight without any wandering whatsoever!!

When the Pirelli's wear out, I will replace with a matching rear tread.

Hope this helps??

• Sorry, but no idea.....

Camskill selling GSD3s 285/30-19s at £209 each (ouch)
    Toyo at £204
    My Tyres selling same tyre at £253 each!!!
    Black Circles selling Pirelli at £198.

• Re: WARNING!!!

I have the Pirelli's on the front and Dunlop Sport Maxx on the back with the same problem... Handles like a bucket of ****.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!