CSi Kit In The Hot Sun!

• Looks fantastic, makes me look forward to when I'm doing this to my car.

One question though.
    I heard the CSI-mirrors was not a straight swap, can you confrim that or not?
    Especially if you have memory seats/mirrors.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• As I mentioned on bimmerforums, I was thinking of investing in a kit later this year, but after seeing yours, I may want to do it earlier.

I would lose the ///M badge though, especially with the debadged theme of the trunk. :)

My 1995 BMW 840Ci
    Authentic M Parallels, Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S, ACS-style aluminum pedals and more to come...

• I really appreciate the kind words. I am glad that I can share my passion for my 8 with you folks because I know that you are all as crazed as I am about E31!

It's really hot today. Time for cold beer... A toast to all you E31 owners out there! 8) Cheers

Zitat von Noggie

One question though.
    I heard the CSI-mirrors was not a straight swap, can you confrim that or not?
    Especially if you have memory seats/mirrors.

They are a straight swap. The mirrors have memory and the right side dips when in reverse.

But there is a catch: make sure you use the correct star-shaped tool to remove the 3 bolts. They are not Allen Key Metric #4 despite the fact that #4 fits. I removed the left mirror no problem. The right mirror, I stripped 2 bolts and, after many different failed tactics, I had to weld them off! The bolts had so much Loctite on them once I was able to pull them out. The lesson is the same old lesson: always use the correct tool. In this case, I had no idea that Allen Key Metric #4 was not the correct tool though :oops: My friend showed me the correct bit when I went to his shop. I also highly recommend that you buy some extra door clips and use a door panel remover.

• I only have one word.. AWESOME !!!!! (not to sound like a teenage kid) but that is the word that came to mind first...

Do you only have H&R's on the front ???

What product do you use on your interior ???

Did you have your "passing lights" blacked out ??? my side markers are dark, but not the "passing lights...

Once again fantastic looking car !!!!

Happy Motoring !!!

DMP

• I've got H&R fronts and special professionally cut OEM rear springs (thanks to Ed AKA MWrench). The H&R rears drop more than the front, so avoid them. The cut rear springs are stiffer than stock format so you get a nice firm rear end. The H&R drop 1.5" in the front and the custom rear springs drop 1". This is the ideal drop for E31 IMHO.

For the exterior and interior, I use the Zaino System. I recommend Zaino's Leather In A Bottle for the seats (I treat 'em once a week).

I darkened the side markers and FTP (passing) lights by using VHT Nightshades. It is removable if so desired. Easy to do.

Cheers :D

• That is an absolute wonder Koizumi!!! I can't stop l
    ooking at the pics. I hope u don't mind but I've
    saved a couple for my 8 series picture folder!!!
    It's an absolute beaut and makes me look
    forward to getting my own, very soon!!!! Beauty!

• Koizumi,

Sorry if you mentioned this somewhere already, but... where did you buy your kit and for how much if you don't mind me asking? You mentioned you needed to get the mirrors painted... where did you get them painted? Were the front and rear pieces already painted black?

I'm just trying to plan ahead for when the time comes later in the year to modify mine. :)

My 1995 BMW 840Ci
    Authentic M Parallels, Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S, ACS-style aluminum pedals and more to come...

• Looks awesome, love those exhausts. I'm tempted to replace my system with Magnaflows with those tips, as I currently have a custom stainless system and it doesn't look anywhere near as good as that.

How loud is the system, and do you have the part numbers for the mufflers and tips? What do you have in the centre -- OEM muffler, replacement muffler(s), X-pipe, H-pipe? I currently have an H-pipe in mine and it's a little too loud and drones a little at certain revs. I can drive around the drone being that I have a manual gearbox, but it's still an annoyance.

• Zitat von ///M Turbo

The car looks very beautiful Koizumi, Great job!

///M Turbo, thanks bro for all your input/help!

Cheers 8)

Zitat von Paul_M

Looks awesome, love those exhausts. I'm tempted to replace my system with Magnaflows with those tips...

I don't know the part #'s for the tips or cans, I picked them out whilst at my muffler shop. I had droning at 1900rpm that drove me crazy after a while. So I cut out the center resonator and no drone at all! She's quiet unless I stomp on the gas. Then, well, she growls real nice with no drone or annoying sounds. I highly recommend the Magnaflows. They are a very nice yet inexpensive upgrade. Now my 8 sounds like she looks 8)

Zitat von TallTony

One more question :D

When you get a minute could you measure the distance from underside of wheel arch to wheel centre, so I can see how many mm the H&Rs drop compared to my Eibach Pros ? Whilst my car continues to 'settle' it is still just a little too high for my liking.

Cheers,
    Tony

Without a doubt, H&R will drop the car the lowest. The estimate for the front is a 1.5" drop leaving approx. 3.5" clearance for the CSi nose. My fronts are 245/40/18 and the drop + tires fit perfectly within the wheel arch with no gap.

The rear springs are specially cut custom OEM springs that drop 1" so the front and back drops are perfectly matched. Important: don't use H&R rears as they will drop lower than the fronts!

Here's the measurement you requested--I measured from the top of the outer wheel arch to the center of the wheel:

13.75" or 34.92cm

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!