Stunning 850CSI

• I too am puzzeled.

The mirros don't ad up with a Csi.

I thought all Csi's came with sport seats.

Not to familliar with the US instrument cluster, but what is the "S" in the far left window?
    It is a manual gearbox, but is it a Auto/manual rebuild? Thinking of the above mentioned "S" (or is that a EDC indication?)

------------------------

Ok, I ran the Vin number on Realoem.com since I was in doubt that this car was real.

It's a USA spec 850Csi buildt in July 1994.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• USA-spec CSi's did not come with the M-Tech mirrors for some odd reason. It was an add-on :lol:

By sports seats, do you mean the hamstring extension? Because if you do, I believe that all USA-spec cars never had this as an option (makes no sense to me).

• The more I look into thing the greater I realize that the diferences between Euro and US BMW's are.

I was looking at all the US E36 M3's that was turbocharged and could not understand it, as the 286bhp 3.0 and 321bhp 3.2 M3's were pretty potent cars to me.
    Then I realized that the US version only had 240bhp, and that the engine wasn't even a true S50 enginge but a suped up M50.

lots of weird differences that doesen't make sense.
    Maybe the US marked is a bit different to the Euro marked, and that the cars was made more comfy for the Americans, with the sportyness as an option.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Equipment delivered on Euro models and NOT on US models:

- Final drive oil cooler
    - Engine oil cooler
    - Active rear axle kinematics, motorsport specific
    - Stronger brakes
    - M-design door mirror
    - M-Interior (Bicolor)

Equipment delivered on US models and NOT on Euro models:

- "BMW Motorsport" written on doorhandles :lol:

(Source: http://www.e31.net)

• Whoopeee! wouldn't you feel just slightly ripped off if you bought your CSi in the US and then found out what the Euro versions had extra? Still - lot's of consolation from the "BMW Motorsport" handles ;)

• Zitat von Paul_M

Both lovely cars but that steering wheel on the US CSi is a joke :shock:

Not only on the US configured CSI, our 1998 UK Spec 840 ci Sport with the M package has the same wheel. I actually don't mind it as it is "right" and comfortable. To each his own......

It is easier to get foregivness than permission!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!