Couple of CSis for sale

• Zitat von Job38;59841

In addition to the blue ex. BMW car that's been on the market for a while, came across this one on classic cars, in case anyone is interested.....

http://www.classiccarsforsale.…-car-page.php/carno/50762

Thanks for the heads up.

The MAURITIUSBLAU METALLIC (287) car, chassis CC88063, is indeed a former press car. It was previously discussed on Roadfly by the previous owner, although after seeing the ad at Classic Car, I'm not so sure the car changed owners:

The ARKTISSILBER METALLIC (309) car is an interesting vehicle with modifications. Additional pictures can be found here at this independent dealership:

• Zitat von 2rgeir;59928

Hey Jud :poke:
    What steering wheel is that?

Good eye.

The seller includes both "before" and "after" photos of the steering wheel.

In this ad, he shows the original steering wheel:
    http://www.classiccarsforsale.…-car-page.php/carno/50762

In the new ad, he shows the new wheel:

My guess on the new wheel? It's from a Porsche.

Anyone care to comment?

• Got to agree with bradc on the looks. Only advantage I can see is the smaller diameter and thicker rim. There are better looking choices though with the same.....

Also on the silver one - I liked the salesspeak about the Brodie Britain "engine management". 420hp.
    Sounds suspiciously like the car's been fitted with a BBR "Starchip". Claimed additional 38hp on top of 380hp makes 418hp ?
    I'm envious though if the car really has stainless tubular exhaust manifolds (would love to have those) - they must have cost a pretty penny ......!

• Zitat von Koizumi;61993

I just don't understand how it's possible that this blue CSi is being sold for so little.

IT is without doubt a scam, be warned People, be warned:dontknow:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I've emailed the seller requesting further details including VIN. I've come across scams like this when looking for my X5. The usual response is that they are abroad and the car cannot be exported or is no longer required. Asking that you lodge a deposit and the car location and papers will be released - yah di dah!

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• If you look at the pictures, the car is surrounded by other BMWs and so were probably taken at some show.

The description of the car indicates the seller is aware of the significance of this model, but it's priced as a regular 850. Although the wording seems familiar and has probably been copied from article on the CSi, in which case, the seller may not be quite aware of what car it is.

However, all the given details seem to tie up and maybe if someone is willing to travel and pay cash on collection (after doing background HPI checks and so forth), they could come away with a bargain.

But, indeed a cautious approach would be required as there are many scams around. (Even when buying my car, it was the subject of a scam.)

• This age-old adage is always correct:

If it's too good to be true; then it most certainly is.

If you think you can buy a 1967 Rolex Submariner #5513 for $600 you are sorely mistaken. It will never happen.

• Reply from "vendor":

[COLOR="Blue"]Hello, The car is still for sale. It comes with all the papers, MOT left for 12 months and TAX for 8 months. It is in MINT condition, never smoked inside the car. Service history made only at authorized dealers. It has clean title. I am a registered and verified user of PistonHeads.com. There are also other people interested to buy the car. I will sell it to the first person who will agree to start the transaction through PistonHeads.com and agree with the price and all the terms for an accurate and secure deal. I will offer you more details if you are prepared.[/COLOR]

Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002

• Zitat von anguswolfendale;62117

Reply from "vendor":

Hello, The car is still for sale. It comes with all the papers, MOT left for 12 months and TAX for 8 months. It is in MINT condition, never smoked inside the car. Service history made only at authorized dealers. It has clean title. I am a registered and verified user of PistonHeads.com. There are also other people interested to buy the car. I will sell it to the first person who will agree to start the transaction through PistonHeads.com and agree with the price and all the terms for an accurate and secure deal. I will offer you more details if you are prepared.

HHhhhmmmm, I've bought & sold many cars via Pistonheads & never had it explained quite like that:hmmmm:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Last week, I sent this to the seller:

hello,

I am interested in the car you have advertised, but although this may sound like a silly question, why have you set the price so low?

Your advert reads as if you know the significance of this particular model, but you've priced it according to a regular 850?

The reply was exactly (word-for-word) the same as those shown above, with no explanation of the price.

However, I might follow it up, just for fun. I guess it will either be a Western-Union scam or an offer to transfer money to some foreign account....

UPDATE:
    from PistonHeads:

Hi,

Our records show that you recently replied to the advert 'BMW 850CSi E31' (973055) on PistonHeads.

This advert has since been removed as we have reason to believe that it may not be genuine.

We strongly recommend that you ignore any contact from the 'seller' and under no circumstances transfer any money.....

• Just received this from Pistonheads:

Hi, Our records show that you recently replied to the advert 'BMW 850CSi E31' (973055) on PistonHeads. This advert has since been removed as we have reason to believe that it may not be genuine. We strongly recommend that you ignore any contact from the 'seller' and under no circumstances transfer any money. For more information please see our fraud warnings page: http://www.pistonheads.com/sale/warnings.asp or http://www.vstag.co.uk Sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Thank you for using our site and best of luck finding your new car. Regards,The PistonHeads Team

Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!