Alpina Replica - Thoughts ?

• seconded. kept looking mint like yours they simply cant be improved upon by the addition of any bodykits / decals etc etc.

good decision to leave it as is. :top:

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• Zitat von stevep840;63561

Is this not the same as Radc mentions above??, also upon reading the thread,towards the end ,he mentions difficulties with the louvers?
    Is this really going to happen?

This is going to happen Steve (is happening). The reference to difficulty Mark850 made was about finding a fabricator before this one to do the louvers, and we both went through a few people. A stock hood is at the shop, and the replica will be made in two pieces: a mold of the hood's underside- framework, all attachment locations of the various bits, etc., is being made and will be steel reinforced as necessary, so anything on a stock hood's underside can be reattached. The outer skin is done separately and then laminated onto the underside element to provide rigidity and strength. Although not the primary purpose, weight reduction will be about 50% of stock.

• My take on all of this is:
    As long as you can reverse the operation back to stock, no problem.
    Face it, wheels can be changed back, so can a hood, a trunk lid, side skirts, and suspension/brakes for that matter.

I'm doing some seroius individualization on my car, but I have every single stock piece sitting in my garage ready to return the car to stock.

I have a plain 850IA with some Hartge performance mods.
    By the time I'm done, I will have a supercharged 850IA, custom stainless steele exhaust, 19" wheels, performance brakes, upgraded suspension, huge stereo, tinted windows and lights. CSI body styling and an Alpina hood.
    But every single thing can be changed back to stock in a matter of hours (except the wheels and the stereo)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Mods are great and all,

But I just couldn't bear changing mine from anything other than completely stock. I really think they are beautiful cars.

IMO, unless you have horrible stock wheels, nothing should be changed (visually).

I suppose there is no harm in upgrading suspension etc.. I guess I just like the fact that it is exactly how it was designed, and on my car, there is nothing I could think of changing. I love it just how it is.

Saying that, those wheels are pretty badass Noggie!

• Zitat von sparklesmcgraw;63763

Saying that, those wheels are pretty badass Noggie!

I know.

(and it only takes 30 minutes to replace them if need be, I just don't have any others)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Totally Agree....Fantastic car as it is.

BTW...Mine's an 840, same colour as yours, Canyon Red Met (I think...same interior too!)

Have you seen any other ones? Yours is the first I've seen the same as mine in this colour & interior.

I'm in Aberdeen & North Yorks, what is the Scottish 8 community like? Many people about?

;)

------------------------------------------
    BMW 840ci Sport Invididual 1997
    Land Rover Freelander HSE Td4 2004
    Maserati Shamal 1996

• Zitat von Noggie;63754

CSI body styling and an Alpina hood.

Good idea. :top:

Do you know the thread in the swiss-german section "Swiss Edition: B12 5.4"?

(works done: M springs with EDC, new CSi Body kit, Alpina wheels, wood interior, E46 MultiFunction wheel, cruise control interface for MF-Wheel, CSi instrument cluster, Alpina-like 5.4 machine :mrgreen-angel:)

next steps: Alpina hood, some new electronics gadgets :mrgreen:

cheers

• Yes, please keep it like it is. You have an amazing looking car, and with the Alpina wheels it looks stunning ;) I simply love the colour combo, close to what I would consider a perfect 8 :cool:

• Thats just perfect Martin, you have a beautiful:top: car btw is that an original Alpina bonnet or one of Engles masterpieces?

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von stevep840;63913

Thats just perfect Martin, you have a beautiful:top: car btw is that an original Alpina bonnet or one of Engles masterpieces?

Thanks a lot. :kiss:

The hood is a not from Alpina or Engl parts. It's a carbon fibre replica (unknown supplier). :hmmmm:

from this green Alpina B5.0

and this is my new machine ... :mrgreen:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!