do you use your 8 daily?

• I currently do about 100km daily in my CSi. However, I made a rather spiffy Excel calculation to work out what Id save switching to a 45mpg ish Diesel instead for daily driving. A minimum of €3500 over a period of a year in fuel alone, not to mention tax. So Im thinking Im just going to have to suck it up and buy a Diesel DD, cheap. :poke:

• No DD, only the weekends or long trips, and if no rain forecasted.

My average is around 5.000 Km per year for the 2 years I have now the CSi.

And have enjoyed every Km.!

Alex

• I do about 3k per year in mine and try to use it when I can but I havent driven her for 6+ weeks after major shoulder surgery but I hope to get behind the wheel in the next week or so. For now she sits on the drive and even though I have a tailor made cover I dont put it on as it atracks the cats claws!!:naughty:

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Zitat von Lloyd;77246

....even though I have a tailor made cover I dont put it on as it atracks the cats claws!!:naughty:

Yes, I found that too... cats, squirrels, foxes... and I think a fox maybe got trapped inside somehow, because the next morning the cover was torn to shreds.

• I Bought my CSI a year ago and have driven it 6k already but that includes a long trip from Munich where I bought it and back to Norway.

Only to be used when weather is fine :) and rain forecasted.
    And no winter driving.

Plan to keep that car for a long time and to keep it with a low mileage ( only 108k now )
    As well as keeping the car as close to factory new as possible, knowing that will cost but I hope to have a beautiful car also 5 -10 years down the road.:cool:

Regards
    Terje

• I use mine as a daily driver. It's my only car and I hate public transport. My commute is only a few miles though so I may get a bicycle for the summer. I've not used it in 6 weeks though, as I've been out of the country. I hope it starts on Sunday....

Fuel in the uk isn't cheap but it seems our road tax is much better priced than most places in Europe. Thankfully our cars fall under the old system so it's less than £200 a year.

• I used to drive it , at least, one time per week , and also on weekends... ( around 250km per week ).
    I think this car need to be running as much as one can afford...

Cheers.

• Zitat von koenig dave;77177

weekends only. 7 cars on the drive, not all mine though.
    3 grown up kids who won't leave home and now 2 girlfriends cars.

Blimey how many girlfriends do you have in total?

• I have done 30k miles in this one over the last 4 years. In 99 I had an ex demo 840 , nearly new, and covered 80000 miles in 18 months. I use the van more these days and leave the 8 in the garage.

• This is a bit off topic, but one of the reasons that I keep taking my 8 on daily basis even though I have bad conscience for adding unnecessary mileage.

Yesterday after work I was rolling slowly through downtown in the rush. It was sunny and warm, so I drove with all windows down listening to the radio when I heard someone scream from the sidewalk "Nice ride, man!" .. Checked my mirror and I saw at least three or four people turning and looking after my car. Just one of several positive feedbacks you get in a car like these :)

Afterwards it was only a pleasure filling her up with gas :driver:

• Usage

Had the 8 for nearly 8 years now.
    It had 39000 miles on it in 2002 and now showing just over 82,000 miles

I was averaging around 7000 miles per annum (mpa) up until 2006, that dropped to around 5000 mpa up to 2009.
    Now averaging only around 3000 mpa.

Car is in PERFECT nick now and running like a dream, so decided to put my 'sensible' hat on and sell.:shock2:

Those good guys at Munich Legends have it in their showroom right now.

OOPS...advertising NOT allowed.:naughty:
    I'll have to be shot...........

• Zitat von koenig dave;77177

weekends only. 7 cars on the drive, not all mine though.
    3 grown up kids who won't leave home and now 2 girlfriends cars.

And your wife is OK with you having two girlfriends and they even park there :harhar:

That's the way to go :laugh:

• Zitat von Herminator;77299

I use mine as a daily driver. It's my only car and I hate public transport. My commute is only a few miles though so I may get a bicycle for the summer. I've not used it in 6 weeks though, as I've been out of the country. I hope it starts on Sunday....

Fuel in the uk isn't cheap but it seems our road tax is much better priced than most places in Europe. Thankfully our cars fall under the old system so it's less than £200 a year.

I'm back to using mine every day, and loving it.
    The 8 started first time after it's 6 week break, not a problem. I'm guessing using it regularly before I left was better for it than just using it occasionaly.

• Zitat von Herminator;77611

....The 8 started first time after it's 6 week break, not a problem. ...

Last week, mine started on the first attempt after a 4 year break. :top:
    Needed new batteries though.

• My 8 has been a daily driver into central London over the last few weeks. I drive from the bottom of the M1 right through the centre into Vauxhall (euuurrrgghhh). I get to drive down park lane and around Hyde Park Corner and I get more looks in my 8 than all the losers in the Ferraris and other pricey kit. That could be down to my rediculous exhaust mind...:oops:.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!