B12 Alpina for sale [if you can afford it]

• Wow!! That's some serious money right there. I can't imagine however, that such prices would ever be realised? or is that naive of me? Lovely cars of course and as rare as they come but for that money??

• An Alpina 5.7 goes for about 100.000 Euro today.

A 5.0 is far less, in the £50K area.

Arnie, you sure the £50K one you think of was a 5.7???

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von Noggie;79048

...Arnie, you sure the £50K one you think of was a 5.7???

Yes, I even drove it. It was one of a pair that came back to the UK from the Sultan of Brunei and was not registered until 2001. I think that the other of the two was sold for less; and as right-hand-drive cars, are even rarer than the rest.

I ended up buying a nice CSi for much, much less than that, which seemed to make sense at the time, but maybe the Alpina would have been a better investment...

But, if I could afford one, I'd probably want a left-hand drive one, as these had the proper exhaust system.

• Zitat von Noggie;79048

An Alpina 5.7 goes for about 100.000 Euro today.

A 5.0 is far less, in the £50K area.

Arnie, you sure the £50K one you think of was a 5.7???

If you spent £5K on a basic 850 and then a further £50K-£70K on it, could you produce a better car than the Alpina?:hmmmm: I wouldn't have a clue, but surely the maximum a car can be worth is what it would cost to reproduce?

• Zitat von Nifty50;79050

If you spent £5K on a basic 850 and then a further £50K-£70K on it, could you produce a better car than the Alpina?:hmmmm: I wouldn't have a clue, but surely the maximum a car can be worth is what it would cost to reproduce?

Sure you could, but it's all about rarity value, I guess.

I think there were only 7 RHD ones and about 50 LHD ones made, so about 60 x rarer than a Csi.

However, the one I went to see was based on an 850i (WBA... Chassis number) with most of the Csi goodies missing (No AHK, No reduced ratio steering, no oil cooler, no larger wheel hubs etc), so that's why I figured that a Csi was perhaps better value. (Most other 5.7s were based on Csi cars, but for some reason, not that one.)

I think the best thing about them - in terms of looks - is the 18" alpina wheels (which you can get) and the louvred bonnet (which is a bit difficult to get). The engine is only about 70cc larger than the CSi's but the main power difference comes from the flowed exhaust manifolds.

• Zitat von Nifty50;79050

Not quite.
    these are limited production numbered cars so more collectable than other cars.

Yes you could easy make a car outperform an Alpina 5.7 today for far less than £50-70k, probably in less than 20k.
    Slap on a supercharger and a decent suspension and you are there.

However it is not a numbered car.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von arnie;79051

I think there were only 7 RHD ones and about 50 LHD ones made, so about 60 x rarer than a Csi.

For precision, please go here:
    http://www.8er.org/forum/showt…p?t=8291&highlight=Alpina

The official answer is 6 RHD B12 5.0/5.7's in total.

Reposting the exact official numbers again:

• Alpina B12 5.0 - 2 RHD

• D110064 - Sultan of Brunei
      • D110065 - Sultan of Brunei

• Alpina B12 5.7 - 4 RHD

• D200008 (based on a M70 850i 6spd)
      • D200010 (based on a M70 850i 6spd)
      • D200013 (based on a M70 850i 6spd)
      • D200047 (based on an 850CSi)

This does not include the 5 Alpina M70 B12 5.0 clone cars from Synter as these are not officially B12 5.0's.

• All I can say, from experience, that once you have driven a B12 5.7 Alpina you will realize that it is worth every penny of the 100,000 Euros being asked for this car.
    Proud owner and restorer of #35

• Hi, Peter, is yours (#35) a switchtronic like that one? If not, have you ever tried switchtronic? I guess if feels nice... or it's a wrong sensation in the gearchanges.

From my lack of knowledge, I think I would prefer a manual one

• Zitat von Peter J Rice;79122

All I can say, from experience, that once you have driven a B12 5.7 Alpina you will realize that it is worth every penny of the 100,000 Euros being asked for this car.
    Proud owner and restorer of #35

Hello, Peter,

I guess No35 is a LHD car. However, would you say that it is worth 2 - 3 times as much as a Csi, purely in terms of performance?

• Hi Chaps,
    No, #35 is a manual 6 speed Getrag box as used in the Csi but very precise and really an excellent gearbox. I drive an auto X5 and a 850Ci
    here in Canada, its very much a lazy man's drive but the thrill of using the manual gears can't be beaten. I have two 850Csi in the UK and although superb cars the Alpina is my favourite and because of its rarity value worth 3 or 4 times the value of the Csi, only 57 B12 5.7 Alpinas built as against 160 RHD Csi. You are quite correct #35 is a LHD car.
    Regards
    Peter:winkwink:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!