O dear, o dear, o dear.

• Cmon guys, 9 posts in total in a week! :dontknow:

Whats going on, are we all just visitors now and not posting. I try to keep some interest alive with my "How To" posts.

1 post per day is not a forum, its a disaster.:ahhhhh:

I will keep posting these articles if there is anyone reading them.

Another popular 8 forum has only had 2 posts in 14 days too!

8Tech.

• It's summertime and 35° here in Budapest - not much enthusiasm to be found to do anything other than trying to keep cool :)

Also, I've been here everyday but didn't have anything wondrous to report (apart from my struggles with sliprings and alternative steering wheels)

• I agree with the others. It's summer. People are on vacation or simply enjoying the weather (with or without the E31). The proposed changes to the forum structure are in the pipeline, but several of the people involved are either very busy or on vacation. So please be patient. This place isn't dying :mrgreen:.

Argonaut: You had problems with the slip ring?

• Well there's a few more posts in the tech/maintanence area, I can try and keep you busy with even more questions if you like ;)

What is the other 8 forum? as you say, this place doesn't satisfy all my 8 discussion needs :-| infact lately I keep checking in on the z4forum I used to use.

• Apart from this board there are two other forums that host an active (English-speaking) E31 community:

There's also a small but knowledgeable E31 community at Wuffer's private forum (wuffer.ca) (but if you are concerned about low forum traffic that may not be the right place for you). A place that has been attracting quite a few new members over the past year is bimmerforums.co.uk.

Several other forums host an E31 section, but usually lack either traffic or a diverse user base to get it really going. In no particular order:

In the past roadfly.com was probaly the largest English-speaking E31 forum. Next in line was club31.com (one of the boards that was later merged into this place). However, anno 2010 roadfly.com still uses board software that could have been developed by the ancient Greek and the regularly returning trolls / flame wars made a lot of members flee to other places. Nevertheless, the roadfly.com forum archives rank amongst the best E31 resources. During the merger of clube31.com to 8er.org, this place was unavailable for quite a while and forced people to continue their E31 discussions elsewhere. This exodus of roadfly.com and clube31.com lead to a rapidly booming E31 community at bimmerforums.com in 2008. At this moment it's safe to say bimmerforums.com has by far the largest and most active E31 community, but since it's the youngest of them all it lacks the massive archived knowledge of roadfly.com and 8er.org. If you are new to bimmerforums.com, you'll notice a lot of 8er.org members are also regulars over there.

• Ah, I knew of those two. Haven't spent enough time on Bimmerforums, I'll have to try and make it part of my habbitual browsing.

Roadfly, I understand it has good info but I just can't get on with it's ancient style of forum :banghead: surely it's about time they brought it into this decade to make it a bit more user friendly?

• Zitat von revtor;79102

I agree with the others. It's summer. People are on vacation or simply enjoying the weather (with or without the E31). The proposed changes to the forum structure are in the pipeline, but several of the people involved are either very busy or on vacation. So please be patient. This place isn't dying :mrgreen:.

Argonaut: You had problems with the slip ring?

long story, Talltony both had the same idea, he actually machined a slipring for me to duplicate his construction but I'm having some problems. I will be taking some photos and then posting looking for tips.

• I think some people are being very negative, the site is NOT dying.
    People are on holiday, some out of the country or concentrating on keeping afloat in this economic climate and the more negative posting and attitude the more negativity it will create.

• :winkwink: I'm not sure what you are able to read at this board or if you're reading at BF or RF too, but even if I'm far away from beeing perfectly in english, I'd have some points to discuss about for you concerning the 8-series.
    For instance racecars and cabriolets, Koenig Specials and so on...
    Just tell me if you are interested! Don't want to be a spammer!
    Over the years I have collected and scanned lots of english magazine articles too.
    Can you read them here?
    http://www.8er.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

And Gerry, thanks for all your engagement for the community! :top:

Herzliche Grüße/ best regards

Harry! :winkwink:

• Zitat von Peter J Rice;79120

I think some people are being very negative, the site is NOT dying.
    People are on holiday, some out of the country or concentrating on keeping afloat in this economic climate and the more negative posting and attitude the more negativity it will create.

100% correct sir.

:)

Brian
    95 840Ci 80k
    99 740i 165k
    01 740iS 30k

• Although I am not a prolific poster, I do drop in every day to have a read, seen a few 8ers around Uxbridge/Middlesex, and also enjoyed a 350 mile round trip to Staffordshire last weekend, and without any mechanical/electrical problems! :top:

• I want to view your collection HARRY. but THI IS WHAT HAPPENS.
    WHY :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

http://www.8er.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11104

• Zitat von Deep;79146

Although I am not a prolific poster, I do drop in every day to have a read, seen a few 8ers around Uxbridge/Middlesex, and also enjoyed a 350 mile round trip to Staffordshire last weekend, and without any mechanical/electrical problems! :top:

Where about in Staffordshire?

• Hi Daz 850, Newcastle under lyme (for business) and then Madeley in Cheshire visiting some friends. First time they saw the 8 and were very impressed (despite one of them having an X6 and having driven a vantage, X5, M5, 6 series and an M3).
    It was a superb drive and the weather was great. :driver:

• Zitat von Deep;79367

Hi Daz 850, Newcastle under lyme (for business) and then Madeley in Cheshire visiting some friends. First time they saw the 8 and were very impressed (despite one of them having an X6 and having driven a vantage, X5, M5, 6 series and an M3).
    It was a superb drive and the weather was great. :driver:

About 15 miles from me :top:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!