2011-08-14 - UK - BMW Festival: August 14, 2011

• Called this morning about tickets.
    As I'm not a member I would not be allowed to join the E31 stand and would have to go in the general car park :dontknow:
    This being the case I'm afraid I shan't be there.

• I the past I have just turned up first thing in the morning and paid on the gate to get in, don't know if they have changed things though.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Zitat von ukzero;90382

Called this morning about tickets.
    As I'm not a member I would not be allowed to join the E31 stand and would have to go in the general car park :dontknow:
    This being the case I'm afraid I shan't be there.

My tickets arrived today and guess what, I'm #4:laugh:

I do not recollect there being a 'general' car park and the 8's have never had a problem parking together. There are always loads of non CC members there.

It would be a shame if this prevents you coming. A cunning plan would be to turn up and say you forgot your display pass but it was #5:rofl:

• Zitat von Nifty50;90387

My tickets arrived today and guess what, I'm #4:laugh:

I do not recollect there being a 'general' car park and the 8's have never had a problem parking together. There are always loads of non CC members there.

It would be a shame if this prevents you coming. A cunning plan would be to turn up and say you forgot your display pass but it was #5:rofl:

As long as we dont have to park next to each other I'll be happy! Joking...

• Zitat von Lloyd;90400

Guys I was only interested in coming if we could get together can someone buy me pass (BMW member that is)?

Lloyd, the difficulty will be that the display pass will be for the vehicle only so it may not be possible to get additional ones. I don't recall this being a problem in recent years and it all seems contrary to the spirit and intention of the meeting ie. it shouldn't be conditional on being a member of the car club. I will make some enquires and come back.

I have to say that the club magazine alone is worth the membership let alone all the other discounts available. As a BMW enthusiast you should maybe consider joining anyway.:dontknow:

• All UK owners

The National Festival is the National Festival of the BMW Car Club. It is organised and paid for by them and even at Gaydon, as large as it is, they cannot accomodate all of the members cars.

This is the reason why display passes are issued on a first come first serve basis. This year it is the25th anniversary of the e30 so they will have centre stage whereas we did on our 20th anniversary and I guess in our year they just wanted numbers of e31 so relaxed the strict membership requirement.

The Car Club director has asked me to find out what it is that prevents you from joining.:hmmmm:

All your responses would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
    Graham

• Here's my feedback regarding joining:
    I was a member for a year (the year I last went to Gaydon).
    Most discounts offered for services and parts, when available, I have since been able to get by quoting this forum as my owners' club.
    I am not particularly interested in a regular BMW magazine as I am a fan of the E31 rather than BMW per se.
    As the BMW car club are running Gaydon, they have every right to refuse non-members entry to a members' area, however rare or pristine our cars may be. I'm not outraged or even mildy irritated by this, but neither will I be spending almost £60 (including membership fee) to come and join you guys for the day.
    Sorry :dontknow:

• Zitat von ukzero;90416

I am not particularly interested in a regular BMW magazine as I am a fan of the E31 rather than BMW per se.
    As the BMW car club are running Gaydon, they have every right to refuse non-members entry to a members' area, however rare or pristine our cars may be. I'm not outraged or even mildy irritated by this, but neither will I be spending almost £60 (including membership fee) to come and join you guys for the day.

Basically the same, no real interest in BMW Car Club or other BMWs really which is why the only BMW forums I visit are the E31 forums and as an extension of that, if I have the time, I don't mind paying a £8-£10 to drive 150 miles and meet the owners and see their cars at Gaydon and show mine. I do mind paying 55 quid for a ticket espcially if I then can't make it for some reason.

I still might attend though and if I have to park in the Genreal Car park then so be it. Maybe we could have an unoffical meet up there ;)

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Zitat von shiggsy;90425

I don't mind paying a £8-£10 to drive 150 miles

Please reveal the secret:hmmmm:

Seriously, thanks for your comments fellas, I'm sure the feedback will be helpful. I guess there is some logic in there somewhere.

Cheers
    Graham

• Graham I too am not realy interested in reading about other BMW even Seb's mag which I got a years free sub. I have gone to the BMW meeting in Hampton court (well imber court to be precise) a couple of times which is all about 3 and 5. Which really is not my scene although the girls in the hot pants are always worth a look:harhar:

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Zitat von ukzero;90416

Here's my feedback regarding joining:

Same here it is the only BMW I like and that is why I own one. Its the car not the badge.

Gareth

• I was a member of the BMW Forum but found that it is full of 3's and 5's with the occasional look at 7's and 6's - nothing regarding the 8 so i am not a member any more - which is a shame as i am back in the UK over that weekend and would'nt mind bringing the car to meet everyone with her new roof -(Angus has seen it) I havn't yet

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!