Congratulations

• It is great to see this web site up and running again. I thought I may as well be the first to introduce myself to my fellow brits. I have owned my 850 for just over three years, and it still makes me smile whenever I return to it. Its a standard 850i model first registered in November 1991 (12 birthday later this month).
    As the only Brit posting at the moment, I feel like I'm talking to myself, but hopefully a decent number will be joining here.
    Look forward to meeting anyone....

Richard

• Richard

you are not alone. I know of about 5 other UK owners posting on the BMWCGB site every now and again. I have an 8 year old 840Ci. Owned it for 1year. Always been my dream car and I'm not disappointed. Great to see Phillipe's site alive again.

When I get back on home turf I'll register here as well.

PhilC
    Manchester

• Hey lads!

I'm here, too, with Rommel.

Three cheers for Philippe and for the England Rugby Squad!!!

Mark

"Rommel" - 1999 BMW 840Ci(A) Sport Individual - Alpina wheels, Alcon brakes, ACS/Dinan suspension
    "The Beast" - 2005 BMW-Alpina B5 Touring #007 - Malachite Green

• Hi everyone

Great to be back, it's like finding a long lost friend :lol:

Anyone here who went to the meet at Warwick Castle in May of last year?
    i.e. Alexey, Polashky, Jeff & Jan, John Sheppard, Paul Coghlan etc.

Well done Philippe, knew you wouldn't give up!

How can I become a gold member? - the link given has an error on it.

Best regards

John

• HEY HEY HEY!!! WASSSUUUPPPP!!!!

Great to see this site back. I am very happy. Thank you so much Philippe and others for your hard work.

Hi John. How are you? Great to know that ou remember our meet at Warwick Castle.

I saw Johnster at the weekend and he says hello. My baby is not 100% because of slight throttle-limp problem.

I am still in Birmingham so we should have a small meet soon.Interested?

best wishes

polashky

• hello

hello lads,
    I've looked at the site many times but never posted, mine an 850ci 93 blue/blue leather mmm but fed up with the bloody electric's

• Hi Polashky

Good to see you're back. My baby's sick at the moment too - misfires when kick-down is used, then runs on fewer cylinders, but if the ignition is switched off then re-started she's sweet again until kick-down - full circle! I've had the eight coils replaced but no joy, so now I'm having the injectors checked. If it's not that then we're stumped - anyone got any ideas?

Good idea of yours for a mini-meet, but it will have to be after Christmas for me - we're running into my busiest time of the year.

Best regards

John

• Birthday

My standard 850 is 13 years old today. 27/11/90 she came to life in London and then moved to Leeds to spend the next twleve years with the same owner who lavished care on her, over 126,000 miles.

Always serviced by the same dealer she ran up a huge number of bills.

Now in my hands she is having a quieter life. Happy Birthday.

• Hi John.
    Good to hear from you. Have you changed the fuel filters recently (very easy). Check that they are not clogged or that one of them weren't put the wrong way around - can happen if dealer tells a snotty nosed 16 year old would be mechanic to change them.

Have you considered that one of your fuel filters may be on the way out or perhaps your injectors are blocked. You could try puttting some additives in fuel and using Superunleaded for a while.

Also check the fuses/cables for fuel and kinks in fuel line. Other than that I aint got the foggiest!

Good luck! We will wait till after Christmas for the meet/GUMBALL!!Hopefull by then both our cars will be working fine.

best wishes
    polashky

• Hi Polashky

Thanks for your reply - nice to be in regular contact again. What's happened to Alexey? Thought he'd have been back by now :?:

Looked at your advice re my sick baby, but still haven't had any joy (see my posts under 'Repair & Maintenance') It's all very frustrating - to say nothing of the expense! Maybe I should start looking for a replacement but am loathe to because, this problem apart, she is immaculate.

Will look forward to meeting in the new year, even if I have to tow her down to Birmingham!!

Best regards

John

• Keep Smiling

Have always wanted a 840ci Sport, but, I would only buy from a BMW dealer. Just found one Silver with black 1999 must be one of the last ones ever made only 40k on the clock and one owner. I have got a deposit on it and viewing it on Sunday 28th December 2003. Looks like Iam going to buy subject to final viewing. Comes with a 3 year full BMW warranty. A close friend has one which I have always loved. I know its a man thing " no Iam not gay" but as a qualified industrial designer I think its one of the best looking Sports C on the road.I Would like to meet up with other E31,rs during 2004.
    Lets keep this Forum going.
    Previous
    Volvo T5
    Volvo S80 T6
    Never owned a BMW.
    F--k the cost lets just do it.

• hello... i haven't got an 8 series but i love that car..i live in england. i haven't got a car but hoping to get an 840i by august time. n e way just thought i'd introduce myslef. :D

• Re: Yep

Zitat von Alasdair

John,
    Just had a sim prob with mine. It was the cat, drivers side, that had gone. Loads of money ????? But fortunately for me BMW paid lucky me this time.

Both CATS in mine need replacing! Along with drivers side door membrane and 2 new rear tyres!

Its a late '99 model so really they shouldnt be going now should they?

Anyways - welcome all you brits!

• Depends on the milage. Check on the Build date check plate inside Engine and let me know what it says. I think the last build date was about Sept 1998. If its an Individual that should be stamped other side. How many miles have it done, and has is got full history??

• By the way al have you seen whats happened to my name its lost, what the f--cks going on in hear?????????

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!