840Ci 6spd Manual - Chassis CC11093

• hi all
    looking for a price.
    been offered a 840ci 1996 with 94k full history.
    manual 6 speed box.
    all the bits and pieces.
    its black with silver leather, 17" splits and its immaculate.
    looking for advice on price i should pay.
    any help
    thanks

E31-840CI 1995 (AUTO) AND IM STILL A MEMBER!

• There is an M62 six speed here that has been for sale recently at NZ $50,000, about 19,000 GBP or 37,000 USD. It is one of only three built. Red with red and black interior. There is also a M60 in identical colours here that I believe was also for sale recently but I don't know the price asked. I believe both cars are immaculate and reasonably low mileage....

Jud has all the info on these cars, I presume the one you are looking at is an M60.

It is easier to get foregivness than permission!

• M60 840Ci 6spd Manual = 54 produced

Hello Badboy;

Gosh, very little to go on here.

First, I doubt this car is a 1996 model year. If it were a 1996 model year 6spd RHD 840Ci, then it would be one of only three M62 V8 4.4L 840Ci's ever produced. Two are Orient Blue and are in the UK. The third and last one is in New Zealand.

BMW imported the M60 840Ci 6spd manual to the UK from December 1993 through February 1996 with 47 examples. One went to New Zealand and 6 went to unidentified countries (e.g. Hong Kong, etc.). Only 54 M60 840Ci 6spds were built worldwide.

It is my understanding that the last 6 M60 840Ci 6spds produced after July 2005 were "classified" as 1995 models so as not to be confused with the newer M62 840Ci. Of course, BMW UK could have thumbed their nose at BMW and called them 1996 anyway, but who knows for sure?

It would be helpful to know where this car is advertised, etc. so we can render a good reading of its value.

For now, I'm only guessing as to which car it is. From the description of black with silver interior, this is what was available for the M60 840Ci 6spd manual with build date:
    CC11061 29-Nov-94 SCHWARZ 2 (668) LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU (M5SL)
    CC11064 20-Dec-94 COSMOSSCHWARZ METALLIC (303) LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU HELL (M5SH)
    CC11065 20-Dec-94 COSMOSSCHWARZ METALLIC (303) LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU HELL (M5SH)
    CC11074 10-Feb-95 COSMOSSCHWARZ METALLIC (303) LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU HELL (M5SH)
    CC11079 3-Mar-95 COSMOSSCHWARZ METALLIC (303) LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU HELL (M5SH)
    CC11090 18-Oct-95 COSMOSSCHWARZ METALLIC (303) LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU (M5SL)
    CC11093 22-Nov-95 COSMOSSCHWARZ METALLIC (303) LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU HELL (M5SH)

Now depending on which of these cars it is, be advised that some of these are more collectable than others -- that is if the Nikasil block is not an issue (see http://www.e31faq.com).

Let us know the chassis number (or contact me via 8coupe.com's contact page) and based on the build sheet and its provenance, I can come up with an estimated price. Also, what is his asking price?

Cheers,

Jud

• 840ci manual

hi all
    i have check the car out.
    it was registered 1996, cant remember what month.
    its a 4.0 litre RHD not the 4.4
    its metalic black with silver grey leather, thats all i know but will get the vin number and post it.
    the car has been garaged with minor use over the last 6 years(only 3500 miles).
    HPI clear.
    i have purchased it now.(paid depostit)
    paid £5500 which i think is cheap.

• 840ci manual

lol
    tru its only the 840 but its nice.
    a friend of a frien tried to sell it me 12 months ago and i wouldnt pay his silly price.
    over the last few weeks his wife has been in contact with me a few times trying to sell it behind her husbands back as she wants a conservatory.
    he has now give in and its mine.
    he doesnt want to sell but his boss put her foot down, she told him conservatory or divorse.
    will put pics on when i collect it tuesday as its having a mot tomorrow.

• I'd have taken the divorce!

That is a steal at that price. Best get practicing your heel/toe technique, driving is loads more fun when you're actually driving :D

• 840ci manual

cant wait to get it.
    got the 19" schnitzer orginal rims, full stainless exhaust, rear boot spoiler and the carbon interior kit ready to fit.
    i am going to look for a good registration plate just to finish it off.

• Zitat von Paul_M

I'd have taken the divorce!

That is a steal at that price. Best get practicing your heel/toe technique, driving is loads more fun when you're actually driving :D

Ah, so it's a Caterham now is it? Here's me thinking it's a 1 3/4 ton of Germanic Autobahn cruising metal!

Heel'n Toe = SPORTS CARS. Why on earth anyone would want to buy an 8 series with a manual transmission is way beyond me.

The character of an 8 simply does not lend itself to a manual change.

Your'e simply falling into the BMW marketing trap driven by motor journalists who ought to know better.

I'm as great a lover of heel and toe and all derivations of changing gear manually as anyone, but, you picked the wrong car. 8)

• 840ci manual

i love the auto 8 i have at the moment and all the bmw's ive had we auto except my e30 m3.
    the only reason i am buying a manual because i cant refuse at that price and if i ever want to sell it, it wont be a problem as there will be a que.
    you may see it on ebay soooooooooooon!!!

• :lol::lol::lol: And so say most of us :lol::lol::lol:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von Hemibum

Why on earth anyone would want to buy an 8 series with a manual transmission is way beyond me.

The character of an 8 simply does not lend itself to a manual change.

I would say that depends on the version you have. Manual changes with 380 bhp from 12 cylinders can be quit fun...

Also, having driven the 840, I can say that it is indeed good autobahn cruiser and the auto transmission is very good at providing a relalaxing drive. However, I noticed that in this respect, it does have a tendency to stick to the high-gears, which can give the impression of blunted performance (acceleration) and you do wonder where the 300 horse are hiding. So, then you start using the Manual or Sports mode of the auto-box or even fit a higher-geared rear-differential. Well, in that case, what's wrong with having a manual transmission in the first place?

• Best of both worlds!

What could be better than switchtronic, (or Tiptronic for the "other" German owners).....

Surely the best of both worlds?

It is easier to get foregivness than permission!

• LOL So if you're a driving enthusiast you should be driving a Caterham, or an Elise or, ....

In that case, maybe for lazy autobahn cruising you'd be better off with a 7 series, or a Mercedes S class, or a Maybach? Why do cars like the 8 even exist?

The reality is, it's a sports car -- you only need to look at the pathetic rear seats to see this wasn't designed as a family cruiser or repmobile. OK not a very good sports car in terms of weight etc, but it certainly contrasts very sharply with the 7 series which is much more a lazy man's "get from A to B" car.

Personally I find the 8 great fun to drive, I'll be the first to confess it's not the most composed in the B roads due to the size and weight, but it'd be a lot less composed if I didn't have control of the car through the gears. If I wanted a cruiser it certainly wouldn't have been an 8, there are a lot of cars out there that are more practical, more comfortable and more economical all at the same time.

Don't worry, my next car is likely to be a 911 or an M5, although I expect many on here will also consider those to be lazy man's autobahn cruisers :roll:. As much as I'd like to have a proper, "raw" sports car, the reality is that living in Scotland doesn't lend itself to those kinds of car (way too much rain) so a little compromise is required. I just don't want to compromise on everything and end up with a car that's dull as ditch water to drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!