• hey chaps! thought I'd say Hi! I've been a bit of a lurker here but decided to post!

i have a lovely 840ci sport 4.4 '96 individual, pics below! I knew the last owner very well, who knew the 1st owner and no expense has been spared so far!

i've had the car since july last year and before that had a nissan 300zx twin turbo which was also a great car.

its got seat heaters, edc, full sports pack (headlining, csi body parts, steering wheel etc) etc etc

the pic is from before the SS exhaust was fitted.

hope you like it!

one more thing, there is an 8 series owner around the corner from my work, P***VEU... are you on this forum?

cheers!

darren

• Hello Darren;

Welcome.

Nice car. Your Avus Blue RHD M62 840CiA was the 3rd built out of 57 M62 840's produced in Avus Blue for the UK market. Quick rundown for Avus Blue for the UK Market:

• M60 840's - 17
    • M62 840's - 57
    • M70 850's - 2
    • S70 850CSi - 7

• (one of which became an Alpina B12 5.7, nbr 47)

• Total - 83

For more information on UK colours, go here.

Of the 57 M62 840 Avus Blue cars built, your car was the 1st of only 4 in Avus Blue that came with the rare option code 223, Electronic Dampening Control (EDC). There were 1,470 RHD M62 840CiA's built, of which only 132 for the UK came with option code 223.

Also, option code 494, Heated Seats, was not installed in many M62 840CiA's. Of the 57 Avus Blue RHD M62 840CiA's, there were only 21 with option code 494.

Colour: AVUSBLAU METALLIC (276)
    Upholstery: LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU HELL (M5SH)

Order options
    No. Description
    223 ELECTRONIC DAMPER CONTROL (EDC)
    243 AIRBAG FOR FRONT PASSENGER
    255 SPORTS LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    299 LT/ALY WHEELS W MIXED TYRES
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING
    669 RADIO BMW BUSINESS RDS
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    694 PREPARATION FOR CD CHANGER
    812 ENGLAND VERSION
    850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT
    877 DELETION CROSS-OVER OPERATION

If you would like the build sheet for your car, then just cruise on over to www.8coupe.com/register.htm and register you and your cool car.

Cheers,

Jud

• Welcome to the fraternity that is "E31". You have been bitten by a bug that will permeate your soul and destroy your wallet - just joking!:laugh:

For those enthusiasts who think there has never been a more beautiful BMW made, sense and logic go out of the window - we lavish care, attention and money on a demanding woman! But, boy, does she respond in kind when you get her "warmed up"! ;)

Enjoy!

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• hey people! thanks for the kind comments. the car has done 117,000 miles but you couldnt tell, its been looked after properly and even the edc shocks, springs, bushes etc were replaced about 4 years ago by the 1st owner who had the work carried out by BMW! in addition the leather was retrimmed too and the car resprayed to a VERY VERY high standard, basically he wanted the car as close to new condition as possible. this had all costed over 13k IIRC.

servicing has always been routinely carried out and i've had to change the AC compressor recently after the original unit's clutch seized !!

i've just done a major service with all the fluids and filters changed incl the lt71141 oil and fitted a custom pair of catbacks; and its running perfectly as it always has done. I personally knew the cars history 3 years prior to me buying it.

Again, thanks for the welcome everyone, i've been lurking around and this looks to be a very knowledgable forum so i'll definately be posting more often now!

• Hey Buddy, wow thats some interesting info. What exactly is 877? I have registered on 8coupe and would love a build sheet!

• Zitat von diddy_p;58710

one more thing, there is an 8 series owner around the corner from my work, P***VEU... are you on this forum?

cheers!

darren

You rang?!

Apologies for not getting involved in the fray sooner, or for replying to your message - I suggest private messages as you get alreted to them, unlike the other one which I was oblivious to!

I assume you're the chap who got chatting to me on YouTube about my exhaust? Sorry for never managing to get together so you could have a listen in person. Must say your Eight looks stunning, fantastic colour combination, some top options and it looks mint! 8) What exhaust did you end up getting?

Oh, and don't talk to me about the nosecone. I'd like to think of it as a gift from London's careful motorists and their unique way of parking...

• Hi - VERY nice car you have there. Avus Blue is my absolute favourite BMW 8 colour - your a lucky man ! I would have loved to get my hands on a good 8 in Avus Blue but you can't be chosey when buying these now and the condition and history came 1st.
    Cheers
    Gary

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!