• Zitat von Alex McDonald;72576

Falken 452's all round, superb in the wet/dry/snow & ice :driver:

Agreed 100% with everything Alex says, also brilliant price.

• Zitat von sparklesmcgraw;72587

Best in my opinion would be the Michelin Pilot Sports. Pricey but an excellent tyre.

And one more vote for these. Outstanding tyre.
    Thought the Eagle F1 was good until I tried these.
    Don't know what they're like in snow, I keep my lady nice out of that stuff, she doesn't like it!

Also I find car is much more stable directionally with 'straight-cut' tread than with 'v-cut'.

Furthermore, don't mix v-cut with straight-cut fore and aft - done that and the car wanders all over the place - most disconcerting!

• yep... michelin pilot sports for me too...wouldnt look at another tyre for the 8...

agreed with jerry...the S0-1 AND S0-2's are legendary tyres...but as he said...discontinued. A massive error by bridgstone as i dont rate their current tyres 'RE0' range.

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• yep i think it will be the ps2's £125 each from cosco,Am not in a hurry so might wait till thay do an offer as it could be soon ,i have a cut on my front tyre sidewall and with all them potholes am a bit worried .

• I have only had Michelins on my 8 but on various other cars have had, Toyos, Goodyear Eagles, Falkens and Dunlops.

I would have to say the best are the michelins, sure footed, quiet, last well, excellent grip in all conditions cost a fortune. The Falkens were excellent all rounders in the wet and dry but were a bit noisier and felt a bit harder. The Toyos were good in the wet but not as good in the dry although broke away very progressively so when they did start to slide they did not spring the end round just a nice gradual slide. The Goodyears were good all round but didn't last very long. The dunlops were ok and actually good value.

Not very scientific but theres my 2ps worth.

I would go Falkens if you are looking to save some money or Michelins if you dont mind the cost.

• Zitat von Alex McDonald;72576

Falken 452's all round, superb in the wet/dry/snow & ice :driver:

Superb in SNOW AND ICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're kidding, my E46 auto 320d sport touring did not move for 10 days during the snow, didn't even bother with the 8, No traction what so ever! Resorted to Winter snow tyres off ebay fitted to the wifes SAAB.

And for my 2 pence:-

Toyo Proxes TR-1 on the Throwing stars, Bridgestones RE0 on the 19's, SO2's and Toyos on the TVR. Allways had Yokohama A008 (NLA) on my old RS2000 those were bloody brilliant.

Overall Cost V Performance my choice is Toyo Proxes

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• ...johnny...you sure theyre only 125 at costco? is that for the fronts as i know theyre roughly half the price of the rears at around £250...

if the rears are £125 then id buy a shed...or a warehouse load!!

Camskill are the cheapest ive found...and even at £210 delivered theres no competition!

Ps i can vouch for the pilot sports snow and ice performance...got caught in snow on my way home weeks back...the tyres gripped just well enough to get me up a steep 1 in 4. :ahhhhh::cool:

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• yep £125 +a few pennies for the front ,never knew the back were that much :eek: It's not to bad though as will last me a while as i dont do high mile's,Am not going to wast my time or money trying any other tyre so ps2 allround.

• No kidding re Falkens performance in the snow + ice !!!!!!!

Drove the 125miles from Ayr to Home with hardly a black bit of tar to be seen !

And got held up on the M77 by a discovery !!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

I use my 8 almost daily and in just over a year the Falkens have been superb, especially with the constant monsoon season we have in Argyll :laugh:

Cheers
    Alex

There are 10 types of people in this world,
    those who understand binary code,
    and those who don't !

• I used TOYO PROXES TR-1 on my 730da (very good)
    bridgestone PONTENZA RE050A and TOYO PROXES on my 8 (very good)
    my brother used TOYO PROXES TR-1 on is NISSAN 350Z
    Have a nice day

TiTi91 ( Tristan )
    Membre representant
    BMW Club Série 8 France
    :fight1:Membre Officiel de la Communauté Internationale Série 8:fight1:
    :conduite2: BMW 850IA (E31) 1991 :conduite2:
    Ford Mustang 2013
    SUZUKI GSX 750 F 1989

• I have Bridgestone Potenzas on my 8, they were good in most conditions but now that the edge has worn off them I can confirm that they are absolutely crap in snow - frighteningly bad. I normally don't use my car in snow but got caught out recently and had to drive the car about 6 miles on fresh snow, it was a nightmare and I am well used to snow driving!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!