If there was a 'Spotted' section ......

• I saw my first 8 other than mine just last week. Parked outside a MOT place, it was a dark blue 840 ci sport (I think)
    I had to do a double take as I only spotted the nose sticking out between the parked cars either side.

• Zitat von Lloyd;80395

I saw a silver 8 standard front spoiler etc in the tesco petrol station by Twickenham rugby ground only last week!:top:

You should've picked it up and flogged it on ebay!!! Did you see the car it came off???? :rofl:

• I saw my first 8 in London yesterday, it looked like a very nice 840 sport in dark blue and was around Highgate on the Finchley Road, anyone we know?

I was in my £600 Alfa :oops:

• well, you really would not believe it, after 20 years and never seeing one, I buy an 840, and post this thread, then, lo and behold, Friday afternoon on my way home, I get passed by a yellow 8 Series on the M25, how ironic :)

• I was in London on 18th August and saw a nice 840 sport in dark blue around Paddington, Registration was M840 ... (think the last bit was SRJ). I spent a couple of weeks in Germany back in June and drove over 600klms from Frankfurt to Hannover & back - didn't see one E31!

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• There's another 8 parked in one of the car parks within my complex but I've never seen it in motion. There's a violet shade Sport I pass en route to work on an R reg plate and it's parked on a nervously tight one way street. So I do see them, just rarely being driven.

• Was out on the M1 today around Northampton and up to Leicester to collect my 20" Alpina's....

North bound - lovely Avus blue with spoiler and black centred wheels joining M1 southbound

Southbound - same car saw on the way back? not sure as it didn't have the spoiler but was dark blue - maybe orient blue.

Was in my black E39 sport.

how sad is this :laugh:

• I saw my first 8 in 1991 in Türkiye, fallen in love:kiss:. Second one was in 1996 again in TR. Then 3rd one in Capetown in 1998 and I had a chance to drive:harhar:. Until I got mine in 2009 I' ve only seen 4-5 including the options to buy. Then again I' ve seen only two so far since I bought mine, one of them was silver csi in Toulose/France.

Then I' ve joined BMWTeam.net which is Türkish BMW forum and I met the guy fatih850csi who is also a member here. He has got unlimited information about 8 series and all the chasis in Türkiye. He made an organisation on the site under a thread which went through 86 pages so far and 20 post on each, for Türkiye database discovery under 8coupe.com project. There suppose to be 67 cars when it started and all the members searched through Türkiye for the cars and pictured almost all of them :D. ( I think not almost, just all ). And the thread still goes like which car is seen where with the updated pictures.

When I read this thread and talk to Fatih we just share the same thought this is going to be something familiar in time. Havin' said that I'm pretty new member and I don't know if there was another thread like ours previously:dontknow:.

• The 8 population

Next time you in London
    give me a shout
    Ill guide you to a guy that just works on 8's
    he has about 12 of them in his yard
    2 of them mine
    Dont think you'll see that many in one place too often

Ive just bought a 2008 (not a 2009 8er) M5 Tourer
    really nice to drive but a little OTT with all the settings
    But its still nice to get into the 8
    They are a pleasure to drive
    esp the Csi
    Keep looking

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!