8 Series in Scotland

• Has anyone ever done an inventory of all our trusty steeds in Scotland.

I will act as repository and produce the inventory if all Scot owners would like to let me know of their car, model, location, etc.

Maybe we could then arrange a get together if there is not one already.

Cheers.

H

• hi, H.

I live in Perth, with a RED 1998 840ci REG No M8 GTE.

where are you based,are you heading for Gaydon this year ?

have been lurking on site for around a year or so and felt a bit amature about the whole thing, ie open the bonnet and everything looks nice but completley lost.
    I am in the very very fortunate position where i know the service manager of JOHN CLARK BMW DUNDEE and that my company picks up the tab. Otherwise my dream car would eternally be the dream.

• Hi, I stay in Edinburgh but leave the 8 at my folks' house on the West coast. Mine is a Calypso Red 840Ci with the 6-speed box, love it!

• Thanks so far...I will keep open for 2 weeks or so to allow for people on holiday, then I will produce the listing.
    I will also include those cars for sale on AutoTrader in Scotland (and any other sites you can suggest), so that we can get as near as accurate a picture as possible.
    Of course it will not be complete as we will not know of any other 8 Series belonging to people not using this site, so if you know of such people please ask them to register and take part.

By the way, I live in Stirling and I have a 1995 840CI in Cosmos Black.

Happy motoring.

H

• HD, Thanks for the reply,and also for the effort this will take. I know of at least 2 more 8 series in Aberdeen. One Blue, One Red. Probably more.

Would have thought that surely anyone with an 8 would be in the BMW Car Club Coupe Register, given the seeming benefits offered by club ownership for the model. Mind you, having found the initial joining process with the BMW C.C. quite straight forward and timely, I was surprised to find that the 8 membership register requires you to send details by snail mail, not E. I still don't know if my details have ever reached the registrar, as I'm back in Nigeria again and wouldn't know if anything had been sent by snail to the UK address.

Ever try posting a letter from or to Nigeria ??

• aberdeen...

I'm in Aberdeen, and don't currently have an 8 although I had a Calypso red 850Ci for a few years... and am currently looking to get another 8.
    I know several of the 8 series owners up here in Aberdeen, used to all wave at each other!

hemibum - have i seen you around? what are you doing in nigeria - yugh, been there too many times myself!

moirmd - that's not my old 850 is it? L602MBW? I saw it for sale in Dundee a year or two back...?

Simon

• Simon,

Don't know if we've met. Mine's a Silver 840 with A 840 BMW reg. I stay out at Maryculter when I'm back in the real world. I have my own small company here providing hydraulic bolt torquing and tensioning services to the oil industry. I've been here for 16 years now, but the doctor says there's still hope!!

Slainthe

Barry

• Hi Barry
    Hmm, I can see Maryculter from my house! We're in Milltimber... And I know several of the 8 series owners in the Dee valley. Let me know when you're back from the dark continent and perhaps we can have a beer... I was out in Nige a good few times with my old job (working for the pecten).
    Kind regards
    Simon

• Aberdeen owner

I have a Calypso red 840Ci, 1984 i stay in the Manofeild end of Aberdeen, car has a few mods but still quite standard,I am always keen to meet other 8 owners i see plenty driving around the town, it would be good to meet up some sunday for a chat, i am in the Scotish BMW owners club but am the only 8 so feel free to drop me an email.

Car reg L840 JDB

• I got the 850ci in Aberdeen about 18 mouths ago from a mate, he had it for about two years and 18 mouths of that it sat in his garden with a burst rear EDC shock.
    My 850 is off the road just now as i have sent all the shocks to France to have them overhauled, should get them back next week and fitted this time home.
    Did you ever have trouble with the radio in yours, i have little volume. BMW says that my Amp is the trouble so i got a second hand one and its just the same.

Mike

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!