Got me a CSi! :) :) :)

• Just picked up a CSi from Autotrader for 8K. It's in great condition, an absolute bargain for the money. I'm so chuffed!!

I've already done 160MPH on the way back, and it had plenty more in it.

Time for that carpc now :)

• Nice One!!

welcome to the club!

At £8k it seems like a bargain! What's the mileage and condition? Any more pics?

If you send a not to Jud on this forum, he can provide you with the Build-Sheet details for the car.

• Will do. I'll be sending the VIN shortly, as soon as I get to work.

The car has done 120k, and needs some work inside the cabin to tighten all those vibrating bits and bobs. It also needs a service, but the engine is like a middle aged man that's been going to the gym all his life - you can tell he's old but he's in great shape :)

I'll post lots more pics soon, I only got her late last night.

• Nice one Mate, Sure looks a good deal, i had provisionally earmarked this as my next purchase but needed to sell 1st :cry: so hope you have fun while you still have a license :lol:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von stevep840

Nice one Mate, Sure looks a good deal, i had provisionally earmarked this as my next purchase but needed to sell 1st :cry: so hope you have fun while you still have a license :lol:

lol! never considered that, though I did put a speed warning on at 100mph!

some ppl offered this guy 12k and he refused as I payed him a deposit already. Unreal integrity.. full story to follow (I'm at work. like most!)

• Sam --- once again congrats.

Zitat

Manual, 119,000 miles, 1993 119000 miles Calypso Red Motorsport M8 BMW 850 CSi. 5.6Ltr. 6 Speed manual gearbox. Rare opportunity to aquire this fabulous vehicle. 1 previous owner. Was bought with only 500 miles on the clock. Serviced regularly. High performance sports tyres fitted on motorsport wheels. No accidents or damage. Front spoiler has just been professionally resprayed. 6 Disc CD auto changer. 21.4 average mpg - more on a run. Immaculate condition. Long MOT. Only 17 imported into UK. The SSN 850 private number plate included. No time wasters please. Buyers over 25yrs only. Reason for sale: moving to a country location and now impractical. The calypso red colour is the most sought after for the BMW 8 Series. Herefordshire. £8,000

This is the ad text from AutoTrader UK for this car. I'm glad the seller has integrity because his ad is somewhat misleading. For example:

- Only 17 imported into the UK? What's he smoking? Try 153 to the UK and the remaining 7 RHD 850CSi's to Australia, Singapore, etc.

- Calypso Red is the most sought after color for the 8 Series? Not really. It would have been better stated that Calypso Red is the ONLY color for the 8 Series that was used in all calendar years of production (1989 to 1999).

Other than that, it appears Sam got a good deal.

More pix, please!

Jud

• Thank you for the clarifiations Jud! I'm not sure that colour will stay on it for good.

Here's another picture from a collegue's phone. I'll get some done with my SLR soon, and upload them

• Congrats wow what a great price , hope you be able to enjoy the 8 for many years to come.
    What is the going rate for a CSI in Europe ?

Here in the states you can't find a decent CSI under $ 35-40 K :(

Thomas

• Thanks mate (and to everyone else!)

They vary in price. I've seen some on Autotrader for 20-30k euros, and I've seen them in the uk between £10-20k. Have a look at http://www.autoscout24.com and you can do a euro-wide search. It may be posible to import one perhaps (if you want one that badly!).

• Zitat von Lloyd

Not a bad alternative, but you are right no CSI

Even if the csi could play catch up, I'd take a Dinnan everytime :roll: a truly majestic piece of kit :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!