New number plate anyone ££££

• Zitat von hallworth1

But the Police have just recently announced that they're having a major crackdown on altered plates. 4K?...dream on.

Well that number is perfectly legal!! I had to have a double check but IMO a good useable 850 plate....

Some guy wanted £1500 for B5 OAJ or '850 AJ' if you played with it but I did not want the hassle....

• Just looked though my car's documents.
    Dunno who the first owner was, but he paid £68,500 for the car, which I already knew and is £60,000 more than I paid, but to the point of this posting - the price didn't include his/her private plate - "JBJ 1".
    I don't follow prices of such things - but that must've cost a penny or two!

• Zitat von hallworth1

Just remember its 3 points + fine on your licence for any illeagle spacing/altering.

Bullshit!

I got no points and £30 quid fine

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

• Should add that I have B5 ONB -> My initials are N.B.

(I dont change the B or "o" to a numeral I think that would be a problem)

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

• Nathan, dont let yourself down with language like that, at least put some * in the middle. IF you watched or heard the news over the last 2-3 weeks it was announced then by the police.

• When I was in the process of purchasing the 840 over t'interweb, it occurred to me that it might be rather nice to have some kind of "840" reg. on it.

Whilst scrolling through the various number plate sites I came across
    "A 840 BMW. " So, what does one do? The plate was on a Nissan . Now, I don't really have much time for "personalised" plates , ie, peoples names, but, this was just such an obvious purchase to suit the car. NOT to suit me.

I paid top dollar for a car from one of the most respected purveyors of these cars, and feel perfectly justified in the expense of marrying the plate to the car.

I have had many people approach me with smiles on their faces saying that they loved the plate/ car combo. I guess, if I ever sell the car the plate will go with it. (unless BMW come out with a new 840 :lol: )

PS Just to annoy those plate haters out there I've just fitted "German" stylee plates to her. Keeping the old ones in the boot of course.

• My car has what one wag kindly described as a "Paddy Plate".
    He advised me to get a proper personal plate, because in the hierarchy of non-standard plates, these Northern Ireland plates are the lowest of the low. They show that you can't afford to buy a "proper plate" and I will, so he told me, be sneered at by those in the know......
    It cost me nothing, it confuses those who like to pigeon hole cars by year and it attracts derision and pity from true plate officianado's - what more could I ask for? :wink:

• Zitat von Lloyd

I think the only positive is that a private plate hides the age of the car, and with our cars some people don't know if they are new or old.
    For me as I plan the fitting of my CSI kit I am wondering what type of plate to go for as I am still on a J plate.
    I fully understand how naf some plates look but who know once I have fitted the kit the temptation to hide its age may be to much 8)

I have a dateless plate on mine... it's otherwise meaningless to me, I just prefer to have dateless on all my cars. It's something I hate about the UK number plate system, bowing to the snobs who lose stupid amounts of money so they can have a new car each year with the latest number plate on it. Even on a brand new car I'd want a dateless plate, I just hate the snobbery of advertising your car's age.

• Zitat von Sama

anyone know how plates are valued?

At whatever price the buyer wants to buy, and whatever the seller wants to sell. Many of the advertised prices by cherished number dealers are way over inflated in the hope that some gullible fool will pay for it, but I expect a lot of their plates are sold for significantly less.

• The best way to buy a plate is through the dvla. If you are going for a dateless one buy through the dvla auctions, they are held every few months. Just remember to add 25% onto the hammer price (vat and auction fees)

Stuart

• DVLA direct definately the best value.
    (where I got mine from)

For the Sport boys how about.....

M8 MBV £250 all in - still available

(looks good in the rear view mirror too, V8...) :)

BTW put my plate on mainly because it came with a private plate that I felt wasn't appropriate to the car or me, and neeeded changing
    (did like the new plate too, I admit) :lol:
    The other choice I almost bought was M88 MBM (gone now :cry: )

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!