Your Perfect 8

• OK, some ale got me dreaming of the perfect 8.
    This may have been done before, so apologies if it has.
    So, here's my starter for ten:

It would have to be a CSi with four valves per cylinder (mad I know, but we are in an ideal world here, and I'd prefer it over forced induction). Light weight as far as possible, even more flared arches, E30 M3 style, light seats, carbon/Ali panels. Alpina hood, 18" Alpina wheels. Side exit exhausts, rear diffuser, in place of existing. Colour - tricky. I'd like to say white, but I don't like the contrast with all the period black trim, so, how about Phenox yellow or Sepamg bronze?

• I'd settle for one that worked and didn't drip oil all over my drive.

But.... if pushed - a completely original CSi in dakar yellow (Peter sell me yours - you know you want to).

• I did some photoshopping some time ago:

Original:

Step 1: Roof & Trunk Reconstruction

Step 2: Mid engines need space ...

Step 3: A little bit lower

Step 4: Finish...

This beast should have 500+ horsepower, weight not over 1100kg. Sequantial gearbox. This would be perfect for me...

• For what it's worth, i'd have it exactly the way it is!!!! The CSI bodykit, throwing star alloys. I think the only thing I'd change would be the centre console - something a little more up-to-date but that's it. Original is good for me ! :devilchilli:

• I'll support that view Keenan - ORIGINAL looks for me - that's what driving a classic is all about. Maybe some build quality improvements and some mechanical/electrical upgrading, but the LOOK of the E31 is unique, seductive and iconic.

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• I've already got an 850CSi with Lotus White seats and a rare colour, Daytona Violet with the good 3 spoke sports wheel, in RHD etc. I'd just like it to have less mileage and be in better condition, but then don't we all?

• Zitat von keenan;63240

For what it's worth, i'd have it exactly the way it is!!!! The CSI bodykit, throwing star alloys. I think the only thing I'd change would be the centre console - something a little more up-to-date but that's it. Original is good for me ! :devilchilli:

Agree on the centre console, it looks a little well clunky. Something more graceful and modern like the new Aston would be good. C/W:

• I'm with Angus and Keenan - Origional for me why change perfection - The only thing on my wish list is an Alpina B12 :harhar: - Oh well back to reality :cool:

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

• I don't want to redesign the 8 but my car is gradually being transformed into the way I like it.
    I will install the CSI bodykit and an Alpina hood.
    slightly tinted windows and rear lights too.

I have the wheels and the suspension in place so no changes there.

As for interior. yes it looks a bit dated, but I'll keep it the way it is.
    Seats will be rebuildt though, I have the "comfort seats" and plan to have them rebuildt with more side support.

Sure the weight could have been reduced, but I figured the cost would be greater than the gain.
    But I'll install a supercharger instead

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Sorry Nick not yet, one day maybe. Wait till you see the Leila Metallic 840Ci Sport that is just finishing restoration, I will post some pictures in a couple of weeks.

Gaydon 20th anniversary of the 8 Series 16 August 2009 Dont forget we need 50 cars there

Peter

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!