My 1995 840Ci in Orient Blue

• Hi!

First post, so seems fitting to have some pictures of my 1995 840Ci in Orient Blue. There are only a handful of BMW’s that I’m mad for, the 8-series being one of them.

It was a three way fight. Porsche 928, Mercedes SL (R129) or an E31. Bumped into this car and bit his arm off!

All original, with owners books, tools, torch, FSH and original bill of sale. 2 owners from new and currently on 72k miles. She is a 4.0 (M60) automatic with Silver Grey leather.

I have just defaulted from Porsche Club GB to ‘tick the 840 box’ and have absolutely no regrets. A truly awesome and wholly underrated car. I will keep her for many years.

I will be doing all my own work, so hope to share some of that with you guys soon. Plus meet you at a show and shine. Best Regards, James.

• Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I managed to get two months enjoyment from the now finished summer but she is SORN’d now until March. Diamond cut wheels and salt do not mix.

The 840 has been awesome so far. A compelling blend of looks, luxury, power, refinement. I am a massive fan of all pillar-less coupes; and yes, that even includes the Jag XJ6C!

If I had to criticise, and this is really scraping the barrel, I have two observations:

• For a car of such huge external dimensions, interior space does not correspond!

• She is a very big car to ‘hussle’ on a country B road. It just needs some getting used to I guess. Scrubbing off speed into a tight hairpin and her weight and external dimensions are very very apparent!

Very happy with this website too – found some wonderful info; especially the repair manuals. Have found the wiring diagrams too thanks to this site and am a lot happier understanding the double batteries. You hear so many technical horror stories with this car (most unfair, I’m sure) so I naturally assumed the twin batteries were regulated by some over-complicated split-charging system. But no, they appear just linked in parrarel!

With such a free resource, my forthcoming membership to BMW Car Club GB seems in doubt really.

Anyway, thanks again, roll on the summer! :top:

• Looks superb James! Good to see another member join with an unmolested example!

I noticed orange-peel in the lacquer on your drivers side rear arch...let me know if you want me to take a look at it. ;)

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• Welcome to the Forum James, and what a fantastically straight car you have there! You seem to have the really rare option of the blue cloth in the tool-tray, a most sought-after accessory!

• Zitat von Timm;73095

You seem to have the really rare option of the blue cloth in the tool-tray, a most sought-after accessory!

Thanks Timm! Behold my treasured cloth from 1995! It is in the BMW Parts Catalogue with the other toolbox contents - but says 'Production Discontinued'!

If people outside of this forum (or inside too) knew how protective I was over that piece of blue cloth I would be condemned to a mental asylum!

• Zitat von E31;73103

Thanks Timm! Behold my treasured cloth from 1995! It is in the BMW Parts Catalogue with the other toolbox contents - but says 'Production Discontinued'!

If people outside of this forum (or inside too) knew how protective I was over that piece of blue cloth I would be condemned to a mental asylum!

I sooooooo now regret in a moment of need wiping the brake dust from my alloys with the sacred Blue cloth:harhar:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!