8 Series owner/occupations

• Hi,

I have a small outfit here in Nigeria providing hydraulic bolt tightening services (flange integrity management - in newspeak) to the oil & gas industry.

Served my 5 years apprenticeship as a motor mechanic in the sixties, followed by a spell in our once magnificent Merchant Navy.

Coming back to the UK next weekend for a month or so, praying for some half decent weather so I can excercise my 8. 8)

• Well, At this risk of sounding obnoxious I will say that I am currently a University student. I have been fortunate to help build my Fathers' buisness empire and be abnle to mooch off of it for all my needs and wants. But HARD work is a must in order to get what I have. Cheeeeeers all!

• My job

I'm a Brit originally from Portsmouth Hants.
    47 years old, married, 3 kids son 11 and 2 daughters 15 and 15 months
    Occupation 5 star Hotel General Manager with Shangri-la Hotels and Resorts based in Thailand, Indonesia China, Hong Kong over the past 16 years.
    Now since 2004 Director of development with the same group.
    http://www.shangri-la.com/press/futuredev/en/index.aspx

The Shangri-la Hotel Hong Kong:

• Lots of people here in the real estate redevelopment.
    This is the wrong forum but with the recent rezoning of my area, I am just about to knock my investment house down and build 3 town houses on the block of land. I have surveyed the land and in the next few days will be signing up with a private local builder. Do you guys have any tips for me? What to ask the builder before I sign.. etc...?

I am qualified sound engineer, and .Net programmer, but have been reselling Digital Cameras and MP3 players for the passed 3 years now, whatever pays the bills I guess but if mechanics were only fixing 8’s I would seriously consider that as my next profession, and I’ll even work for free.
    So if anyone wants to swap e31 pars for half price Digital Cameras/mp3 payers please email me with what you got, i’ll take pretty much anything.

• Facinating

Facinating 8)
    we are all in development - building- creating stuff..
    Perhaps its the reason we appreciate the complexities and engineering styling of 8ers - we have allot in common :D

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    1995 factory CSi sport kit
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• I am an account executive for a large biotech company. I sell capital equipment to research institutions in the mid-atlantic United States. It's a flexible and fun job. I also sell real estate on the side. There goes that real estate connection again. :) [/i]

• What am I.... I've recently change my proffession completely.
    I've been an Aircraft Tech for 10 years.
    Fixing and modifying arircrafts.
    The first 3 years with the Airforce and F-16 fighters, and 7 years with Boeing 737 passenger airplanes.
    3 months ago I started working for an Oil service company as a service tech (service engineer by US terms).
    My job is final software installation, system testing and troubleshooting on oil rig "top system", in leimans terms, the oil rig drilling controll system.
    I do the final tests before the customer gets the rig and starts to use it.
    I also do small service jobs world wide.

My job is 100% travel based, 28 days of work, and 28 days off :)
    It's world wide, but mostly Asia at the moment.
    Dalian, China. Singapore and Korea is where I'll most lightly be in 2007.

@ Richard.H
    I've heard of youre hotells, and I intend to stay at atleast one of them this year :)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• I'm a little like Terry,

I mainly do lunch but sometimes it is necessary to get up early to meet someone for breakfast or even dinner.

In between, I have some properties approximately 2000 klm's further north and they often need maintenance issues attended so when the weather in Melbourne reminds me of my time in the UK I head for the sun which is where I am at the moment, Queensaland's Gold Coast (lot's of Sun, sand, large breasted young nubiles and oop's here is the missus so move on)

Just got back from a week on the world's largest sand island (check it out on Google, Fraser Island) off Queensland's Coast and now back to work for a day or three with a hammer, paint brush and an Icy beer!

When I need some money to spend on the 8 I do some consulting work in the Workers Compensation Insurance area and when that gets boring I work on other 8's for local and interstate owners.

Happy 2007 to all!

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Have a few various tedious occupations but recently started a home cinema/multiroom audio company flogging plasma LCD and BOSE audio systems.Beats working for a living and looking forward to enquiries from the property developers among you all!

• Hi lads, Well i am just a joiner (carpenter, chippy or even wood butcher)
    i like the term timber technician. I have worked for mysely for 25 year
    and am a one man band, in my mid fiftys, the pay can be from great to
    crap but all part of the service. I have also a 2002 bm and a Honda CBR
    600 f1 for when i need to get away from it. I have a Citroen Berlingo van
    for graft but someone has to own one. :D Ron

• Howwww!!! Everybody are building :D
    I'm Airline Transport Pilot. I'm Captain of Boeing737 fleet in a Spanish Company, flying all Europe, Africa and Middle East, and, in the winter, we delivery 10 Airplanes to be based in Milwaukee, Minneapolis, St. Louis, and from here we fly to the Caribbean, like Cancun, Cozumel, Punta Cana, Jamaica, Aruba and other destinations. Actually I'm based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, until April.

• Hi Everyone!

Product Development Engineer by day and Entrepreneuer and Rally racer & enthusiast by night! Started my own rally based company http://www.rallyinnovations.com after working for BMW group as a process engineer for Mini a few years back. I still don't know where my money comes from...but I definitely know where it's spent!

Regards,

John

• Hi guys,

I'm possibly the youngest on here then - 25 in a few weeks - but i bought my 850CSI just after my 21st!!!!!!!!

Main job is working as an engineer for O2 (mobile telecoms). Boring, long shifts rotating to cover 24/7/365, but it's week on week off, so lots of overtime is available, or time off to run other things!! Just about pays the bills. Want to get out of it though.

Also have a DJ Vinyl shop in Croydon - started online http://www.dnrvinyl.co.uk about 2.5 years ago. Opened our first shop last may, currently fitting out our second store, which will take over from the other one in April, as it's just round the corner and about 3 times the size!!!!

Have a huge list of other websites/businesses i want to set up, but just don't have the time at the moment!!

• Zitat von miniblob

Hi guys,

I'm possibly the youngest on here then - 25 in a few weeks - but i bought my 850CSI just after my 21st!!!!!!!!

Who insured you??

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

• Sorry Miniblob,
    But I am 21 yrs old, was born on 7-14-1985. I beleive that would make me the youngest around. And yet I've had more life experience than most 40 yr olds..... cheers

• Zitat von ballaamir

Sorry Miniblob,
    But I am 21 yrs old, was born on 7-14-1985. I beleive that would make me the youngest around. And yet I've had more life experience than most 40 yr olds..... cheers

You have obviously not had the "experience" of modesty yet I see.

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!